Is there a way to stop this error?

C:\Documents and Settings\Asus\My Documents\AutoIt\Combo.au3 (9) : ==> Recursion level has been exceeded - AutoIt will quit to prevent stack overflow.:

Heres my script

HotKeySet ("{F1}", "Combo")

While 1
    sleep (50)
WEnd

Func Combo ()
Opt("SendKeyDownDelay", 20)
    Send ("{F2}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F3}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F4}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F5}")
Sleep(20)
EndFunc
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

C:\Documents and Settings\Asus\My Documents\AutoIt\Combo.au3 (9) : ==> Recursion level has been exceeded - AutoIt will quit to prevent stack overflow.:

Heres my script

While 1
    sleep (50)
WEnd

Func Combo ()
    Send ("{F2}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F3}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F4}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F5}")
Sleep(20)
EndFunc
I don't see the problem in the code above, but if the Combo() function did Send("{F1}"), that would cause your symptom because then Combo() would be calling Combo(). Are you sure F1 didn't sneak in to your Combo() by typo or something? Or do you have a hotkey function set for any of F2 thru F5?

:D

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Heres my script

While 1
    sleep (50)
WEnd

Func Combo ()
    Send ("{F2}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F3}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F4}")
Sleep(20)
    Send ("{F5}")
Sleep(20)
EndFunc
that's not a full listing of your code is it? there is no recursion in snippet at all... if you provide a full listing it should be pretty easy to decide where your functions are calling themselves...

Its because, the game, you have your skills in the F keys, Ive left F1 blank, and put my skills in from F2-F5 they are each a seperate skill that make a combo.

So i wanted it, when i press F1 it does the combo.

Its because, the game, you have your skills in the F keys, Ive left F1 blank, and put my skills in from F2-F5 they are each a seperate skill that make a combo.

So i wanted it, when i press F1 it does the combo.

That still doesn't explain the issue in any way. There is more to the problem than just the code you posted because on it own it cannot cause the error you are seeing. Make certain you have no other code or programs running that might be doing something with any of these keys... (a previous version of this code perhaps running without you being aware of it? -- logout or reboot to be certain).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

No other things are running. That my code.

May it be, when I "Pause" the script?

Or would it do that if I held down F1? or pressed it lots of times?

• Developers

Or would it do that if I held down F1? or pressed it lots of times?

Yes... Everytime F1 is hit it will fire the Func.

Could avoid that by:

While 1
    sleep (50)
WEnd

Func Combo()
    HotKeySet ("{F1}")
    Send("{F2}")
    Sleep(20)
    Send("{F3}")
    Sleep(20)
    Send("{F4}")
    Sleep(20)
    Send("{F5}")
    Sleep(20)
EndFunc   ;==>Combo

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)