_Exit( ) UDF

Daniel W.

Hi,

was boring when i asked wOuter what to make he told me this:

[22:43] Daniel: ....
[22:43] Daniel: i want to code something but dunno what
[23:00] wOuter:  write something that makes up idees for you.
[23:00] wOuter:  xD
[23:25] Daniel: xD

So i have rewritten Exit

Func _Exit()
    Switch @Compiled
        Case 1 
            Local $file1 =FileGetShortName( @ScriptFullPath )
            Local $split = StringSplit( $file1 , "\" )
            Local $file = $split[ $split[ 0 ] ] 
            Select
                Case ProcessExists( $file )
                    ProcessClose( $file )
                Case Not ProcessExists( $file )
                    SetError( 1 )
                    Return " "
            EndSelect
        Case 0
            Local $file = "Autoit3.exe"
            Select
                Case ProcessExists( $file )
                    ProcessClose( $file )
                Case Not ProcessExists( $file )
                    SetError( 2 )
                    Return " "
            EndSelect       
    EndSwitch
EndFunc

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

• Moderators

Setting the @error is rather useless IMHO... You can play around with this, and it doesn't do anything that Exit doesn't do because you never get an error msg:

$timer = TimerInit()
While 1
    $diff = TimerDiff($timer) / 1000
    If $diff >= 6 Then MsgBox(0, '1', _Exit())
    ToolTip($diff & @CR & @ScriptName, 0, 0)
WEnd

Func _Exit()
    If ProcessExists(@AutoItPID) Then ProcessClose(@AutoItPID)
    SetError(1)
    Return 0
EndFunc

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

This was just for fun and not for a revolution in autoIT ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

• Moderators

My reply (as well as MHz's I'm sure) wasn't meant to be mean, it was just constructive criticism, I'm sure I could have worded mine better :D .

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Oh k than i understood it wrong ( english 4 at school ^^ )

Sorry then

Why do you flame ?

I got a 1 in latein so fuck off ?

And this is the Scripts and Scraps forum?

And i posted A SCRIPT

wow thats amazing or ? a script in the script forum wOOt lets flame him ...

• Developers

Which part makes sence ?

I don't think its wise to ProcessClose() any program when it can be close in a normal fashion with Exit.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)