Question about window control

Hi!

I'm new here and I can't get my idea works :D

My problem is something like that: I want to run script inside window, but I want the script to be running in the window and in same time I want to use my computer to talk on msn etc... I made script but when i run it I can't do nothing on my PC - I can't write better since like I mention above I'm newbie in AutoIt...

I want this script to click in infinive loop for example on coords X: 100, Y: 100 in desired window [choosed by window name], could someone help me make this scripts ?

Sorry for my english if someone couldn't understand me...

Thanks in advance :D

kuebk

Hi!

I'm new here and I can't get my idea works :P

My problem is something like that: I want to run script inside window, but I want the script to be running in the window and in same time I want to use my computer to talk on msn etc... I made script but when i run it I can't do nothing on my PC - I can't write better since like I mention above I'm newbie in AutoIt...

I want this script to click in infinive loop for example on coords X: 100, Y: 100 in desired window [choosed by window name], could someone help me make this scripts ?

Sorry for my english if someone couldn't understand me...

Thanks in advance :D

kuebk

Look up ControlClick in the help menu, this might be what you need. Also, if you seem to be lagging and that's why you can't do anything, put some Sleep commands in the script to slow it down, it's eating all your resources.

Nomad :D

Yes, this could help if I could set the coords, since I want to use it in to click in Game not in Aplication - and there isn't any Control ID or ClassNameNN

I'm not familiar with a method of clicking specific coordinates in a window which is not currently active, and when it's not for a control which will return a control ID. If someone posts a way to do this, I want to see it. :D

I'm not familiar with a method of clicking specific coordinates in a window which is not currently active, and when it's not for a control which will return a control ID. If someone posts a way to do this, I want to see it. :D

Hmm.. I downloaded from somewhere AutoIt script wchich is doing this I think... there are setted coords, you have to just select option which set of coords you want to use and it works... but it sucks beacuse it works in all windows of same type...

For example if you have 2 instances of notepad runned and you start it in 1st instance then start using web browser, and then by mistake you make active 2nd instance of notepad he will works in 2nd instance...

I need script wchich will work only with 1 desired instance of aplication

Hmm.. I downloaded from somewhere AutoIt script wchich is doing this I think... there are setted coords, you have to just select option which set of coords you want to use and it works... but it sucks beacuse it works in all windows of same type...

For example if you have 2 instances of notepad runned and you start it in 1st instance then start using web browser, and then by mistake you make active 2nd instance of notepad he will works in 2nd instance...

I need script wchich will work only with 1 desired instance of aplication

Notepad accepts text entry, which can be sent if the window is active or not with ControlSend, and all of the controls in Notepad will return a control ID, which means you can click the controls when the window is not active with ControlClick.

As far as sending clicks to specified coordinates in a not-active window, I've not seen this. If you could post a link to the script, or the script itself, I might be able to look at it and see what it is doing.

Notepad accepts text entry, which can be sent if the window is active or not with ControlSend, and all of the controls in Notepad will return a control ID, which means you can click the controls when the window is not active with ControlClick.

As far as sending clicks to specified coordinates in a not-active window, I've not seen this. If you could post a link to the script, or the script itself, I might be able to look at it and see what it is doing.

I don't have source of it, only .exe

to be honest I want to make it work in specified window of diablo II - notepad was only example :D

I don't have source of it, only .exe

to be honest I want to make it work in specified window of diablo II - notepad was only example :P

I don't need the source, just post a link to the .exe, or attach the .exe to a post. I can look at it and see how they are doing what you say and can elaborate on it. :D

I don't need the source, just post a link to the .exe, or attach the .exe to a post. I can look at it and see how they are doing what you say and can elaborate on it. :D

Sorry, I can't this is private version :P

so there this isn't possible in other way ??

Edited by kuebk

Sorry, I can't this is private version :D

so there this isn't possible in other way ??

Nope, if it's so private that you aren't willing to share it in order to learn how it functions, then it must be someone's program who you know, so ask them. If they can't tell you how to do what you are asking, then they didn't do it that way either.

So, maybe possible will be to write autoit - which will do 1 thing in 1st windows [for example named d1] and 2nd thing in 2nd window [named d2], Nomad you think thic would be possible ?