Wait "x" minutes before shutdown/hibernation

Ok. My dearest script that I've been working on for the past month is done except one problem. Here is the script.

HotKeySet("{End}", "request_status")
HotKeySet("{PGDN}", "request_add_time")
$timerchoose = 0
$addtime1 = 0
$addtime2 = 0
$timeout = 0

$answer = MsgBox ( 3, "Shutdown or Hibernate?", "Press Yes to shutdown and No to hibernate.")

If $answer = 6 Then
    ;sets time to wait in minutes.

$timeout = InputBox("Wait x Minutes","Give minutes to wait before shutting down.  Press End to get time until shutdown.             Press Pagedown to add time to the countdown.")*1000*60

If @error then
            exit
            endif

$timeinit = TimerInit()
            $timerchoose = $timerchoose+1
            While (TimerDiff($timeinit) < $timeout)
            sleep(100)
            $timerequest1 = ($timeout-TimerDiff($timeinit))/1000/60
            Wend 

;1 for shutdown, 64 for hibernate, 
    Shutdown(1)
EndIf

If $answer = 7 Then

$timeout = InputBox("Wait x Minutes","Give minutes to wait before hibernating.  Press End to get time until hibernate.             Press Pagedown to add time to the countdown.")*1000*60

If @error then
            exit
            endif

$timeinit = TimerInit()
            $timerchoose = 0
            sleep(100)
            $timerequest2 = ($timeout-TimerDiff($timeinit))/1000/60
            Wend 

Shutdown(64)
EndIf

If $answer = 2 Then
    Exit
EndIf

Func request_status()
If $timerchoose = 1 then
    $stoporgo1 = MsgBox(4, "Waiting Until Shutdown Paused", "Time until shutdown is " & $timerequest1 &" minutes.  Continue counting down until shutdown?")
        If $stoporgo1 = 7 then
        MsgBox(0, "Shutdown Aborted", "You computer will no longer shutdown in " & $timerequest1 &" minutes.")
        exit
        endif

endif
If $timerchoose = 0 then
    $stoporgo2 = MsgBox(4, "Waiting Until Hibernate Paused", "Time until hibernate is " & $timerequest2 &" minutes.  Continue counting down until hibernate?")
        If $stoporgo2 = 7 then
        MsgBox(0, "Hibernate Aborted", "You computer will no longer hibernate in " & $timerequest2 &" minutes.")
        exit
        endif
endif
endfunc

Func request_add_time()
    If $timerchoose = 1 then
    $addtime1 = MsgBox(4, "Add Time To Countdown?", "Would you like to add time to the countdown before shutdown which is currently at "& $timerequest1 &" minutes?")
endif
    If $addtime1 = 7 then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue", "No time has been added to the shutdown countdown.")
endif
    If $addtime1 = 6 then
    $timeout = $timeout+(Inputbox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the shutdown countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
    request_status()
    If @error then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue","Countdown will continue from "& $timerequest1 &" minutes.")
    endif
endif

If $timerchoose = 0 then
$addtime2 = MsgBox(4, "Change Countdown Time?", "Would you like to add time before hibernation which is currently at "& $timerequest2 &" minutes?")
endif
    If $addtime2 = 7 then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue", "No time has been added to the countdown to hibernate.")
endif
    If $addtime2 = 6 then
    $timeout = $timeout+(Inputbox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
    request_status()
    If @error then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue","Countdown will continue from "& $timerequest2 &" minutes to hibernate.")
    endif
endif

endfuncoÝ÷ ØZ+²­æ¬¢{ayº-¶ºw-Ý¡ë'ßÛjºZuÛbꮢÛh¶¢éív')Ýý²Ë©¢Ç­¡«­¢+ÙÕ¹ÉÅÕÍÑ}}Ñ¥µ ¤(%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉ¡½½ÍôÄÑ¡¸($ÀÌØíÑ¥µÄô5Í  ½à аÅÕ½ÐíQ¥µQ¼
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸üÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí]½Õ±å½Ô±¥­Ñ¼Ñ¥µÑ¼Ñ¡½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸½ÉÍ¡Õѽݸݡ¥ ¥ÌÕÉɹѱäÐÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÅÕÍÐĵÀìÅÕ½Ðìµ¥¹ÕÑÌüÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹¥(%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÄôÜÑ¡¸(%5Í   ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸]¥±°
½¹Ñ¥¹ÕÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí9¼Ñ¥µ¡Ì¸Ñ¼Ñ¡Í¡Õѽݸ½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹¥(%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÄôØÑ¡¸($ÀÌØíÑ¥µ½ÕÐôÀÌØíÑ¥µ½ÕЬ¡%¹ÁÕѽà ÅÕ½Ðí¹ÑÈQ¥µQ¼ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¹ÑÈÑ¥µÑ¼Ñ¼Ñ¡Í¡Õѽݸ½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸¥¸µ¥¹ÕÑ̸ÅÕ½Ð줨ÄÀÀÀ¨ØÀ¤(%ÉÅÕÍÑ}ÍÑÑÕÌ ¤(%%ÉɽÈÑ¡¸(%5Í   ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸]¥±°
½¹Ñ¥¹ÕÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸Ý¥±°½¹Ñ¥¹Õɽ´ÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÅÕÍÐĵÀìÅÕ½Ðìµ¥¹ÕÑ̸ÅÕ½Ðì¤(%¹¥)¹¥(((%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÉ¡½½ÍôÀÑ¡¸(ÀÌØíÑ¥µÈô5Í    ½à аÅÕ½Ðí
¡¹
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸Q¥µüÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí]½Õ±å½Ô±¥­Ñ¼Ñ¥µ½É¡¥É¹Ñ¥½¸Ý¡¥ ¥ÌÕÉɹѱäÐÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÅÕÍÐȵÀìÅÕ½Ðìµ¥¹ÕÑÌüÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹¥(%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÈôÜÑ¡¸(%5Í  ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸]¥±°
½¹Ñ¥¹ÕÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí9¼Ñ¥µ¡Ì¸Ñ¼Ñ¡½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸Ñ¼¡¥É¹Ñ¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹¥(%%ÀÌØíÑ¥µÈôØÑ¡¸($ÀÌØíÑ¥µ½ÕÐôÀÌØíÑ¥µ½ÕЬ¡%¹ÁÕѽà ÅÕ½Ðí¹ÑÈQ¥µQ¼ÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¹ÑÈÑ¥µÑ¼Ñ¼Ñ¡½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸¥¸µ¥¹ÕÑ̸ÅÕ½Ð줨ÄÀÀÀ¨ØÀ¤(%ÉÅÕÍÑ}ÍÑÑÕÌ ¤(%%ÉɽÈÑ¡¸(%5Í ½à À°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸]¥±°
½¹Ñ¥¹ÕÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí
½Õ¹Ñ½Ý¸Ý¥±°½¹Ñ¥¹Õɽ´ÅÕ½ÐìµÀìÀÌØíÑ¥µÉÅÕÍÐȵÀìÅÕ½Ðìµ¥¹ÕÑÌѼ¡¥É¹Ñ¸ÅÕ½Ðì¤(%¹¥)¹¥oÝ÷ Øay"¶¬²¶§Ú£­Øb²X§y»­!Ú'ßÛd0«HÂ¥uÈZ­¡ø±Ö®¶­sbb33c·FÖV÷WBÒb33c·FÖV÷WB²çWF&÷gV÷C´VçFW"FÖRFòFBgV÷C²ÂgV÷C´VçFW"FÖRFòFBFòFR6÷VçFF÷vââÖçWFW2âgV÷C²££c

Thank you for any help you could give.

Try

$timeout += Number(Inputbox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the countdown in minutes.")) * 1000 * 60

Just an idea...

#)

• Moderators

Nope. I still can't add time to the countdown.

What happens when you make these Global
Global $timerchoose = 0
Global $addtime1 = 0
Global $addtime2 = 0
Global $timeout = 0

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Ahh, I see... well Jdeb gives an example here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=197113 on how to "pause" time, but that $savediff = $savediff + whatever (addtime for you) would be something that you would need to look at, you would need to make $timeinit a global variable, and do something like that. That same theory should work for you here.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Ok, so at the top of my script I would put

Global $timeinit = 0

But then what would I do?

Try to work your code example out like Jdeb did there until it works? That sounds like a good start to me :D

Ok, so at the top of my script I would put

Global $timeinit = 0

But then what would I do?

Global just means that that variable can be used in functions other then the one it was declared in.

so to declare your varibles as global, just leave script as is and where you declare variables in the firs script, replace with

Global $Timeout=0

For each variable

Ok... I did that and tried the script. It now looks like this:

Global $timerchoose = 0
Global $addtime1 = 0
Global $addtime2 = 0
Global $timeout = 0
Global $timeinit = 0

$answer = MsgBox ( 3, "Shutdown or Hibernate?", "Press Yes to shutdown and No to hibernate.")

If $answer = 6 Then

$timeout = InputBox("Wait x Minutes","Give minutes to wait before shutting down.  Press End to get time until shutdown.             Press Pagedown to add time to the countdown.")*1000*60

If @error then
            exit
            endif

$timeinit = TimerInit()
            sleep(100)
            Wend 

Shutdown(1)
EndIf

If $answer = 7 Then

$timeout = InputBox("Wait x Minutes","Give minutes to wait before hibernating.  Press End to get time until hibernate.             Press Pagedown to add time to the countdown.")*1000*60

If @error then
            exit
            endif

$timeinit = TimerInit()
            $timerchoose = 0
            sleep(100)
            Wend 

Shutdown(64)
EndIf

If $answer = 2 Then
    Exit
EndIf

Func request_status()
If $timerchoose = 1 then
    $stoporgo1 = MsgBox(4, "Waiting Until Shutdown Paused", "Time until shutdown is " & $timerequest1 &" minutes.  Continue counting down until shutdown?")
        If $stoporgo1 = 7 then
        MsgBox(0, "Shutdown Aborted", "You computer will no longer shutdown in " & $timerequest1 &" minutes.")
        exit
        endif

endif
If $timerchoose = 0 then
    $stoporgo2 = MsgBox(4, "Waiting Until Hibernate Paused", "Time until hibernate is " & $timerequest2 &" minutes.  Continue counting down until hibernate?")
        If $stoporgo2 = 7 then
        MsgBox(0, "Hibernate Aborted", "You computer will no longer hibernate in " & $timerequest2 &" minutes.")
        exit
        endif
endif
endfunc

Func request_add_time()
    If $timerchoose = 1 then
    $addtime1 = MsgBox(4, "Add Time To Countdown?", "Would you like to add time to the countdown before shutdown which is currently at "& $timerequest1 &" minutes?")
endif
    If $addtime1 = 7 then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue", "No time has been added to the shutdown countdown.")
endif
    If $addtime1 = 6 then
    $timeout = $timeout+(Inputbox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the shutdown countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
    request_status()
    If @error then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue","Countdown will continue from "& $timerequest1 &" minutes.")
    endif
endif

If $timerchoose = 0 then
$addtime2 = MsgBox(4, "Change Countdown Time?", "Would you like to add time before hibernation which is currently at "& $timerequest2 &" minutes?")
endif
    If $addtime2 = 7 then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue", "No time has been added to the countdown to hibernate.")
endif
    If $addtime2 = 6 then
    $timeout = $timeout+(Inputbox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
    request_status()
    If @error then
    MsgBox(0, "Countdown Will Continue","Countdown will continue from "& $timerequest2 &" minutes to hibernate.")
    endif
endif

endfunc

Run it and press Pagedown (if you havn't already) and you will see what I'm having trouble with.

It still will not add time to the countdown when I input it. Did I do something wrong?

• Moderators

I don't see where you ever call to: request_add_time() to add the time?

• Moderators

isn't that in the hotkey?

Yep :D ... :D

Edit:

I'm getting big on this self help thing, but I added a simple debugging method, to help you understand what is going on (Watch the count down and then look at what $timeout = (It does add to it, so that would say what about whatever your issue is (I don't know that issue because you said it wasn't adding and it is)))

Global $timerchoose = 0
Global $addtime1 = 0
Global $addtime2 = 0
Global $timeout = 0
Global $timeinit = 0
$answer = MsgBox( 3, "Shutdown or Hibernate?", "Press Yes to shutdown and No to hibernate.")
If $answer = 6 Then
    If @error Then
        Exit
    EndIf
    $timeinit = TimerInit()
        Sleep(100)
        ;~ ============ You should look at this and use it to figure out your issue ==================
        ToolTip('$timerrequest1 = ' & $timerequest1 & @CR _ 
        & '$timeout = ' & $timeout, 0, 0)
        ;~ ===========================================================================================
    WEnd
    Shutdown(1)
EndIf
If $answer = 7 Then
    If @error Then
        Exit
    EndIf
    $timeinit = TimerInit()
    $timerchoose = 0
        Sleep(100)
        ;~ ============ You should look at this and use it to figure out your issue ==================
        ToolTip('$timerrequest2 = ' & $timerequest2 & @CR _ 
        & '$timeout = ' & $timeout, 0, 0)
        ;~ ===========================================================================================
    WEnd
    Shutdown(64)
EndIf
If $answer = 2 Then
    Exit
EndIf
Func request_status()
    If $timerchoose = 1 Then
        If $stoporgo1 = 7 Then
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If $timerchoose = 0 Then
        If $stoporgo2 = 7 Then
            Exit
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>request_status
Func request_add_time()
    If $timerchoose = 1 Then
    EndIf
    If $addtime1 = 7 Then
    EndIf
    If $addtime1 = 6 Then
        $timeout = $timeout+ (InputBox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the shutdown countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
        request_status()
        If @error Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If $timerchoose = 0 Then
    EndIf
    If $addtime2 = 7 Then
    EndIf
    If $addtime2 = 6 Then
        $timeout = $timeout+ (InputBox("Enter Time To Add", "Enter time to add to the countdown in minutes.")*1000*60)
        request_status()
        If @error Then
        EndIf
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>request_add_time
Ha, even let it hibernate me. Edited by SmOke_N

Right ok thank you for that nice little thingy you made there.

I found the problem because of that! For some reason that request_status I had there was giving the information from before the time was added, giving me faulse impressions. I can simply remove that. Thank you for your help.

• Moderators

Right ok thank you for that nice little thingy you made there.

I found the problem because of that! For some reason that request_status I had there was giving the information from before the time was added, giving me faulse impressions. I can simply remove that. Thank you for your help.

:D