Flex Grids: How do you read the elements?

Why does Auto_spy not read these ? Anyone have an idea how you can read this information?

I can goto flex grids easy enough using ControlClick. Once I'm in the Grid I can go Up and Down easy enough also...useing Up and Down functions.

But what I can't do is read whats highlighted by the mouse.

Is there a function that will read whatever text(static unchangable) that is highlighted in the bluebar under a mouses target?

Thanks for any info.

if the text is highlighted...can't you send a Control+C to copy the text and then read it from the clipboard?

[quote]I was busy waiting all night for the Columbus Day Bunny to come down my chimney and light fireworks in my pumpkin.There's so much wrong with that.Oh, I'm sorry, i forgot you were Jewish.[/quote]

I tired that....for some reason it copys the below the inital click and if its above it only copys headers and no data....explination below.

example here my code :

ControlClick("Query Results", "", "MSFlexGridWndClass1", "left", 1)
;for some reason this goes to the 5th element not the first.
;therefore i do a massive send({UP}) as the function call _UP($x)

_UP(10); as explained this is a simple function...just goes up to top of flexgrid.

;  NOw i'm at the top of the flexgrid.  

;  I need to go Down now to the element I want.

_Down($elementsdown); just like _Up just a simple send function

;now once i get to $elementsdown I should be able to ^C and then I will have to 
;analyze that string later on to find out how to get the information i need out of it.

;Unfortunatly this is not the case.  I have tried :  Send("^C")
;also ControlSend ( "Query Results", "", "MSFlexGridWndClass1", "^C")

both seem to copy to clipboard but then when i paste it... i get the element Plus the ones under it. actually i get all elements from that first Control Click Downward.

Why? I think this is because the only way for it to work is for you to Click on the element first then press CTR-C. Then it works. But unforutnaly i do not know how to tell the mouse to click on these elements like that

So here is what is happening: Controlclick element 5 (starts here remember).

if i do _UP(2) : Then when i paste i get no results except blank fields.

if I do _DOWN(2) : Then when I paste i get every result from element 5 to element 7 . When all i want is element 7.

If somehow i could do this: DOWN(2) Then Click at that point exactly on that line then Ctrl-C...then it would work, but i do not know how to do this. I tried with Get Mouse pos etc but it does not seem to work beause first you would have to center the mouse at the ControlMouseclick...which actually does not mvoe the mouse to that point it just emulates the click.

annnnyway anyone can expalin to me how the mouse to click on the highlight blue bar inside the flexgrid ...that would be cool and i think you would be the winner.

Edited by Falling

if controlclick would not automatically goto the 5th element when it is called I could use that for the click but it does this everytime you call it so its almost pointless.

also... ControlFocus highlights the 4th element in the FlixGrid and it does not click so there fore nothing but title names are copied.

Gotta figure out how to click once i get gridsetup .

Edited by Falling

This is a FlexGrid:

Posted Image\

ControlClick goes to 5th element...the 05 Dodge

ControlFocus goes to the 4th Element...00 Mazda

_UP(X) goes up X the grid unless reaches roof (02 Lexus)

_Down(X) goes Down X the grid unless reaches last element.

Problem is you have to click on a element in order to get the information from

^C.

Also if you click on a element then go down from it, it will copy from the element clicked to the last element you went down to.

Basically you have to reclick to reset the clipboard and then ^C at that time to get just what is highlighted in blue.

When i use Mouseclick("left") it does not goto the highlighted blue line.

Well i found out... You pess the Space Bar...this simulates a Click on the field.

So now flex grides are conquered. At least getting one row of information from them.

Now just have to make a SearchString($stringtosearch, $searchitem) function

StringInStr($x,$y) should work.

Edited by Falling