Recursive File Search, with multiple file masks.

I'm writing a script for work and it involves locating our labs xls and cvs files on all the fixed drives.

The script works fine if I only specify one mask, but if I specify two.. It does not. It returns '2' to the array rather than a list of found files. I'm using w0uters _FileSearch function, which utilizes the dos DIR command.

However, if you type this command in manually it works fine:

dir /B /S C:\*.cvs C:\*.xls

But when I try to run it in this script, I have the problem mentioned above:

#include <Array.au3>

Global $a_DriveList[1],$a_TempList[1],$s_FileList, $i_TotalFiles

$a_DriveList = DriveGetDrive("FIXED")
;_ArrayDisplay($a_DriveList, "Drives")

For $i = 1 To UBound($a_DriveList) - 1
$a_TempSearch = _FileSearch($a_DriveList[$i]&"\*.xls " & $a_DriveList[$i]&"\*.cvs", 1)
$i_TotalFiles += $a_TempSearch[0]
$s_FileList &= _ArrayToString($a_TempSearch, "*",1)
Next
$a_FileList = StringSplit($s_FileList, "*")
$a_FileList[0] = $i_TotalFiles
_ArrayDisplay($a_FileList, "Search Results")

Func _FileSearch($s_Mask = '', $i_Recurse = 1)
    Local $s_Command = ' /c dir /B "'
    If $i_Recurse = 1 Then $s_Command = ' /c dir /B /S "'
    Local $s_Buf = '', $i_Pid = Run(@ComSpec & $s_Command & $s_Mask & '"', @WorkingDir, @SW_HIDE, 2+4)
   ;ProcessSetPriority($i_Pid, 5)
    While Not @error
        $s_Buf &= StdoutRead($i_Pid)
    WEnd
    $s_Buf = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($s_Buf, 2), @CRLF, 1)
    ProcessClose($i_Pid)
    If UBound($s_Buf) = 2 AND $s_Buf[1] = '' Then SetError(1)
    Return $s_Buf
EndFunc ;==>_FileSearch

So.. I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong. Maybe someone else can point me in the right direction.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

Hi,

No, it's the quotes; works this way; [i have tested; works here OK; don't really need the quotes or the commas , though, once function fixed!]

$a_TempSearch = _FileSearch('"'&$a_DriveList[$i]&'\*.xls "' &','& '"'&$a_DriveList[$i]&'\*.cvs"', 1)
Local $s_Command = ' /c dir '
$s_Command&=$s_Mask&' /B '
If $i_Recurse = 1 Then $s_Command &= ' /S '
Local $s_Buf = '', $i_Pid = Run(@ComSpec & $s_Command  , @WorkingDir, @SW_HIDE, 2+4)
Randall Edited by randallc

Thanks randallc, you are a true pro!

I missed that :">

Edited by Simucal
AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)