Remote ScreenShots

how would i someone send a command to take a screen sshot on my home computer, by sending a command from a different computer. then maybe the home computer will upload it to a shared folder maybe?

doesn't sound possible just wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to start if it was possible?

-Brett

The one problem I haven't solved is how to actually take the screenshot. I didn't see a PrintScreen key in the list under Send() in the manual. I suppose you could always use a 3rd party program to take a screenshot (preferabally something with command-line switches so it can be done behind the scenes.)

If you both have access to a shared folder, a script on the Home computer could be run to wait for a specific file to exist in that folder. When one does, take a screenshot, and save it if required. Then, delete the "waiting" file and keep waiting for a new one.

If you don't have access to a shared folder from where you want the control, you'll have to run some kind of server so that you can interact with it. Some discussion on using a server to do this can be found at this thread.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Thanks Lar. Guess I didn't take too close a look when I was hunting for it. That's what I get for trying to surf/ code/ set up my wireless card/ build a computer/ eat at the same time :D

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.