Windows Change Password Screen

Since Ctl Alt Del can not be scripted, does anyone know the utility (exe, cpl, etc) to activate the Windows Security Window (ctl, alt, del) in order to get into the change password screens? Thank You. PeterF

HI,

Send("#l")

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

HI,

Send("#l")

So long,

Mega

On XP that just logs the user off and IIRC on 2K that has no effect at all.

P.S. srry atm i don't know of a way to do this but if i find one i will be sure to post it

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Since Ctl Alt Del can not be scripted, does anyone know the utility (exe, cpl, etc) to activate the Windows Security Window (ctl, alt, del) in order to get into the change password screens? Thank You. PeterF

Whaddya need the GUI for?

$RetCode = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c net user " $user_name  $new_password)
If $RetCode = 0 Then
     MsgBox(64, "Success", "Successfully changed password on user: " & $user_name)
Else
     MsgBox(16, "Failed", "ErrorLevel " & $RetCode & " returned changing password on user: " & $user_name)
EndIf

If you are an admin, you can do this to the domain account by adding '/domain'.

Cheers! :D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Whaddya need the GUI for?

I want to streamline the Change Password process for users needing to change both Novell and MS-Domain passowrds. It can be confusing and sometimes only the novell Password changes and the user doesn't realize it. You get the Change Passwordbutton through the Security window when you press Ctl Alt Del. Net User will only do the MS-Passwords. Same with the Control Pannel Users Screens. Thanks

• 5 years later...

you could use my active directory udf to change the password.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please use function _AD_GetPasswordInfo to get all information about a users password. The function returns an array and element 9 contains the date/time when the password expires. You can use _DateDiff to calculate how many days before the password will expire.

Please see the example script _AD_GetPasswordInfo.au3 or the help file _AD_GetPasswordInfo.htm

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please use function _AD_GetPasswordInfo to get all information about a users password. The function returns an array and element 9 contains the date/time when the password expires. You can use _DateDiff to calculate how many days before the password will expire.

Please see the example script _AD_GetPasswordInfo.au3 or the help file _AD_GetPasswordInfo.htm

Run Example: _AD_GetPasswordInfo

Error:

Include\AD.au3 (2989) : ==> Incorrect number of parameters in function call.:

$aAD_PwdInfo[10] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp2, 1)

$aAD_PwdInfo[10] = ^ ERROR

$aAD_PwdInfo[10] = _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($sAD_Temp2, 1)

$aAD_PwdInfo[10] = ^ ERROR

You need at least Autoit version 3.3.6.0 because there is a bug in previous versions of _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

And Run Example:

Example 1

; Queries the sAMACccountName and the password and tries to change the password.

User domain : myuser

Change pass errror box msg :

"return code - 2147352567 form Active Direc..."

Thanks Water

Are you sure you have the permission needed to change the password of a user? Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I don't think the COM interface makes a difference between your userid and the id of another user you want to change. So if you do not have the permission to change passwords you can't even change your own.

To be 100% sure I will have to investigate the subject.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki