Just some general advice...

Well when I first got Autoit, I thought it was going to be a one use wonder... I think the very first time I got it I was using it to make Diablo II scripts that would check servers for me... I even made one that stole other peoples account information with worked with great success also.

It is only now that I have come back and looked at it that I can see how powerful it is... Especially the beta, which I never looked at until recently. I will be spending alot of time tonight scimming through the beta help file because it has so many added/useful functions.

I have also just discovered how great IE.au3 is, which leads me to my question.

What user defined functions do you recommend I check out? And is there any other general advice you can offer for someone who is only just getting into autoit?

(I am not new to programming, just autoit. I wish autoits way of working out the GUI was different though.... Something more like VB.... In fact, just like there is IE builder, there should be a GUI builder.)

• Moderators

(I am not new to programming, just autoit. I wish autoits way of working out the GUI was different though.... Something more like VB.... In fact, just like there is IE builder, there should be a GUI builder.)

You should download SciTe and see in the Tools menu that there are not 1 but 2 "GUI Builders" 1. Named "GUI Builder" (go figure) and the other 2. Is named Koda (more popular with more options).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well when I first got Autoit, I thought it was going to be a one use wonder... I think the very first time I got it I was using it to make Diablo II scripts that would check servers for me... I even made one that stole other peoples account information with worked with great success also.

It is only now that I have come back and looked at it that I can see how powerful it is... Especially the beta, which I never looked at until recently. I will be spending alot of time tonight scimming through the beta help file because it has so many added/useful functions.

I have also just discovered how great IE.au3 is, which leads me to my question.

What user defined functions do you recommend I check out? And is there any other general advice you can offer for someone who is only just getting into autoit?

:D:D[flame]PEOPLE LIKE U ARE THE REASON VIRUS SCANNERS PICK UP AUTOIT AS A THREAT!!![/flame] :P

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Just some general advice... the forum administration and the members here do not support the creation of any type of script that is going to end up getting AutoIt on a virus scanner blacklist. Scripts that steal information from others and send it to you are scripts which will make this happen.

Nomad.

It actually wasn't as bad as it sounds.

It was just a script that I told people was a bot... They entered their user name and password into an ini file and the script logged them in. It then joined a game, whispered my account their password from the ini file and then it forced a shut down.... or blocked input. I can't remember. (Just something to annoy them enough to give me time to steal their password.)

But that script was before I started programming all together... It was years ago. Now that I am older/wiser and I know what autoit is actually capable of... My programing intentions are far from what they used to be.

I am actually going to start programming a big project in autoit soon... I don't know what to do yet though. When I think of something useful that benefits me as well as something worth posting, I'll make it.

I am pretty much going to be a regular poster from now on so get used to me :D