can you run a .REG file from an autoit script..?

im sure you can but im having problems.. error : Unable to execute the external program.

The system cannot find the file specified

I currently have the line below to execute the reg file. If I paste the quoted line in my run box the reg file runs fine. what do i need to do to get this to work. once ive got it running I then need to put in the /s for a silent run of the reg file..

Run("\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg")

Run('"\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop" Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg')

I tend to use chr(34) for hard path quotes; just my preference. I find it easier to read.

Run("Regedit /s " & chr(34) & "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShopPro\PaintShop Pro.reg" & chr(34))

; Note the space after the regedit /s.

Edited by Ravenlark

Ravenlark-----------------------------------------------------when you find yourself with the majority, its time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

I tend to use chr(34) for hard path quotes; just my preference. I find it easier to read.

Run("Regedit /s " & chr(34) & "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShopPro\PaintShop Pro.reg" & chr(34))

; Note the space after the regedit /s.

LOL :D

I totally missed the regedit /s part out!

RunWait('Regedit /s "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop" Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg')

LOL :D

I totally missed the regedit /s part out!

RunWait('Regedit /s "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop" Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg')

Is this right?

I think so it's right. ??

RunWait('Regedit /s "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg"')

Is this right?

I think so it's right. ??

RunWait('Regedit /s "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg"')

And yet again I was a tool, "must not reply when busy doing other things".. I'll go and repeat this line 1000 times now.

Sorry

You are right RunWait('Regedit /s "\\server\it$\Software\Other\PaintShop Pro\PaintShop Pro.reg"')