Identify Office XP Service pack

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to find out which service pack has been installed in Office XP. Ideally it would be a regkey or fileversion, even an external app that is command line driven.

So far:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall" doesn't contain any details.

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Common\ProductVersion" is of no use as it doesn't give details of the service pack revision.

Its not ideal, but I thought of running 'About Microsoft Word' and looking at the text, but haven't had any luck with that as the autoit 'AU3info' tool only reports the class name ("bosa_sdm_Microsoft Word 10.0bosa_sdm_Microsoft Word 10.0").

Please help!

Thanks in advance,

johnjam

Regards JohnJam

You might be able to use the file dates of several key files that get updated by the service pack to determine the version.

FileGetTime ( "filename" [, option [, format]] )

You can get the office 2003 service pack version from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\9040110900063D11C8EF10054038389C\Patches\8E2F79981AC9FF44D9DA3D5EBEB4147F]

I'm not sure if the numbers are the same for non-corporate or different corporate installations, but the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products should be the same.

Ravenlark-----------------------------------------------------when you find yourself with the majority, its time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain