PixelGetColor help

I'm trying to make a lil' macro for a game im currently playing. Im having a little problem with this function.

I've got a very simple script in which it waits for the games window to become active, it will scan for the co-ordinate i need and then it will bring up a window with the value.

The problem is it always comes up with the value of 0!! I've tried using the window program which says your mouse co-ordinates and tells you the colour under the mouse etc and that has the same problem.

If anyone knows what might be causing this or even better how to fix this that would be great. The game is a 3D game btw. I've made it so that it doesnt adjust the gamma or brightness of my screen and that hasn't worked either.

Many thanks!

• Moderators

I'm not following you...

If you mean code by decimal then it reads it as FFFFFF or whatever...I need the game to get this value so that when it changes it will perform an action

No, he means PTFS (<< wonder who will figure that one out :D )

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I am also having the same problem with a game. The PixelGetColor is always coming back with a value of '0x000000' when it tries to read the color inside this game. If I use PixelGetColor outside of the game it works perfectly.

Has anyone else ever had this problem in certain games/applications?

• Moderators

I am also having the same problem with a game. The PixelGetColor is always coming back with a value of '0x000000' when it tries to read the color inside this game. If I use PixelGetColor outside of the game it works perfectly.

Has anyone else ever had this problem in certain games/applications?

I've heard a lot of gamers say this when the game they play uses game guard (nprotect?) or something like that.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I've heard a lot of gamers say this when the game they play uses game guard (nprotect?) or something like that.

That's probably what it is. If he would post the name of the game it might also be helpful to determine this.

Nomad :D

Yes exactly, the game is FLYFF. It uses nprotect Game Guard. I have seen a lot of posts on the web saying that Game Guard is easy to get around, so I know people are doing something to use macros to pick up the pixel color in-game.

• Moderators

Yes exactly, the game is FLYFF. It uses nprotect Game Guard. I have seen a lot of posts on the web saying that Game Guard is easy to get around, so I know people are doing something to use macros to pick up the pixel color in-game.

Nothing that a google search couldn't cure I'm sure.