AutoIt and Novell Zenworks

Hello everybody,

Does anybody use AutoIt in Novell Zenworks? I'm have a batch script that I use in Zenworks (v3.2) and I converted to AutoIt. When I try running the autoit script (compiled to exe) inside Zenworks, Zenworks crashes. Doing some more testing, I found out the RunWait() command is the culprit. Have anybody experienced this?

Appreciate the help!

Thanks

=MX=

Is it the directory not found error?

When you say ZENWorks crashes, do you mean that the Application Launcher just freezes, or that there's an error message, or that your application just doesn't do anything?

Are you running your AutoIt EXE as a distribution or launch script "engine" or is it the executable part of the application itself? If the EXE is the application did you make any changes to the environment settings for the Application's Run Options?

This thread is going outside the scope of this forum (is an 'AutoIt + 3rd Party' forum warranted?) or better suited to PM from here on out, my apologies if I'm out of line by this post...

Yes yes yes, there it was. Youth must go, ah yes. But youth is only being in a way like it might be an animal. No, it is not just being an animal so much as being like one of these malenky toys you viddy being sold in the streets, like little chellovecks made out of tin and with a spring inside and then a winding handle on the outside and you wind it up grrr grrr grrr and off it itties, like walking, O my brothers. But it itties in a straight line and bangs straight into things bang bang and it cannot help what it is doing. Being young is like being like one of these malenky machines.

DavidF - It's not a directory not found error. The error is a generic XP message:

"ZENworks Application Explorer Executable has encountered a problem and it needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvience. Please tell Microsoft about it."

The AutoIt script has two lines:

MsgBox(0, "Installation", "This will install the application", 10)
RunWait(@SystemDir & "\msiexec.exe /i c:\install\app.msi")

I tried running the script (exe) in Pre Launch and Post Launch window and got the same error. I also tried running it in the Application Executable window (Launch) using different application options (Run as normal, secured and non-secured) with the same error. One thing that I noticed when the script is run in NAL is that, it displays the message and as soon as msiexec.exe starts running, I get the error message and the MSI installation continues and completes the installation.

If I use a batch script (code below), it works without any problems.

Echo This will install the application
Sleep 10
%Windir%\system32\msiexec.exe /i c:\install\app.msi

ezzetabi - I'll try Run() function.

Thanks for the help!

=MX=

MsgBox(0, "Installation", "This will install the application", 10)
RunWait(@SystemDir & "\msiexec.exe /i c:\install\app.msi")
Been using ZEN Works since 1.x

Been using it with AutoIt since ZEN 2 or so.

Can't say I have had that problem.

Which version of Client32 are you running?

We are at ZfD 4.01 now, so I haven't tested AutoIt v3.x with ZEN Works 3.x, but I can't think of why there would be a problem.

Can you just run "msiexec.exe" by itself without causing the crash?

• Developers

you could also try:

RunWait(@comspec & " /c " & @SystemDir & "\msiexec.exe /i c:\install\app.msi",'',@sw_hide)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I finally found the real culprit and it's not the RunWait() function :D . It has something to do with the ZENworks schema extensions that was applied by one of our engineers.

AutoIt Rocks!!!

=MX=