Digital Signing scripts

Ok, I can't find this anywhere. I'm trying to digitally sign my scripts so when I run them across the network they don't get that stupid Windows XP - Open File message that asks the user if they want to Run the file or Cancel. I've got Security Center disabled, but this still comes up. Any ideas? Oh, I have this set in a policy to Run this file/script at the user's desktop from sysvol.

ok this doesn't help. all this does is encode your script. i need something that will digitally sign my script so it will run on our end-users computers without getting that Windows XP SP2 Open File security message. you know, that message that come up with you try to run a .exe file on a share or some other location than your hard drive. it says it's not a digitally signed file and can't located the publisher or something to that affect and then only has two options, either Run the file or Cancel.

ok this doesn't help. all this does is encode your script.

You clicked on EnCodeIt...click on the "using search found this". Signing .exe files takes buying a certificate from a provider like Microsoft, I believe - it's not an AutoIt feature.

Edit: Verisign and Thawte are two examples of CA's (Certificate Authority) that are trusted on most systems as valid certificate providers.

Edited by james3mg
"There are 10 types of people in this world - those who can read binary, and those who can't.""We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~Robert Wilensky0101101 1001010 1100001 1101101 1100101 1110011 0110011 1001101 10001110000101 0000111 0001000 0001110 0001101 0010010 1010110 0100001 1101110

• Moderators

nevermind, clicked on the wrong link in your message!

I was like :D:D

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.