getting dll info

I probably should post this in the scripts and scraps forum, but since this forum is more often seen by people like me who nag others for help, then I decided to share it here...

I've been looking for an app that could retreive function names from dll files, and I came accross DLL Export Viewer v1.02 by Nir Sofer at:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dll_export_viewer.html

I still can't find how to retreive types, but I only downloaded it a few minutes ago.

hope it helps.

IVAN

• Moderators

I probably should post this in the scripts and scraps forum, but since this forum is more often seen by people like me who nag others for help, then I decided to share it here...

I've been looking for an app that could retreive function names from dll files, and I came accross DLL Export Viewer v1.02 by Nir Sofer at:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/dll_export_viewer.html

I still can't find how to retreive types, but I only downloaded it a few minutes ago.

hope it helps.

IVAN

Neat little tool... greenmachine posted it a while back too:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=178875

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks SmOke_N. I'm not really good at dlls and out of sheer curiosity i wanted a tool that allowed me to start playing with them.

If you anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get the type of a struct, then I'd really appreciate any help provided.

Thanks

IVAN

Thanks SmOke_N. I'm not really good at dlls and out of sheer curiosity i wanted a tool that allowed me to start playing with them.

If you anyone has any suggestions as to how I can get the type of a struct, then I'd really appreciate any help provided.

Thanks

IVAN

You can't, period. As w0uter mentions, MSDN is the place to get information on Microsoft's DLLs. Other than that, you have to have the source code or the documentation for a DLL to know how it's used. The type information is not necessary and not stored in a DLL.

thx guys.

I've used a great deal of info from msdn, particularly with output from scriptomatic, but I was hoping there would be a way to actually retreive the types for the structs in a more automated fashion than going to msdn, doing the search, reading the documentation, which i must say is complete, but long winded, and then using trial and error to see what works.

Call me lazy if you wish...

Again, best regards.

thx guys.

I've used a great deal of info from msdn, particularly with output from scriptomatic, but I was hoping there would be a way to actually retreive the types for the structs in a more automated fashion than going to msdn, doing the search, reading the documentation, which i must say is complete, but long winded, and then using trial and error to see what works.

Call me lazy if you wish...

Again, best regards.

Although maybe not quite what you are looking for, but available for the windows Api

I picked up this link a while ago from this here Autoit site .

This may help, although I believe it is no longer updated

ApiViewer 2004

HardCopy

Edited by HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

• Moderators

Gary should make an AutoItAPI_Viewer 2006 with AutoIt examples (Like how I nominated him :D ).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.