First Time Writer help please...

Hi,

I am a First time Writter on Macro Script using Auto it. I hit a Dead Rock, I trying to make it press "TAB" key by itself. Following is what I tried in the script and none worked can anyone tell me how should I wrote to get the macros to press "TAB" Key?

Send("{TAB 1}")

Send({TAB})

Send{TAB}

Send("TAB")

can someone teach me how to type it correctly? Thank You.

Sincerely,

Cig

• Moderators

Send('{TAB}')
Make sure the area you want to send it to has focus.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Send("{TAB}")

I tried that one too forgot to type it in...

Send('{TAB}')

this one I need to try... haven't try this

It's going to give you the same results with a single quote as a double quote, it's just a habbit of mine to use single quotes. Send{"{TAB 1}") works also... But as I said, you "must" make sure the window you want to send it to has focus, or you won't see it happening... If it is a control you want to send it to or a specific window and now control, then you could do:
ControlSend('Window Name', '', 'Control ID', "{TAB}")
Or
ControlSend('Window Name', '', '', "{TAB}")

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It's going to give you the same results with a single quote as a double quote, it's just a habbit of mine to use single quotes. Send{"{TAB 1}") works also... But as I said, you "must" make sure the window you want to send it to has focus, or you won't see it happening... If it is a control you want to send it to or a specific window and now control, then you could do:

ControlSend('Window Name', '', 'Control ID', "{TAB}")
Or

Arrr.. I see... sorry first time Writter what's a "control ID"?

Tried that with the window name, but it still doesn't work I actually tested in Notepad and it works. Can I ask what did I do wrong?

Welcome to the forums!

Your window has to be active in order for that Send function to work as planned.

Please read the help file and look up the Send, ControlSend, and WinActivate functions.

Get the full AutoIt Install, and run the AutoIt Window Info Tool (Au3Info.exe)

Select your game window and move the mouse around to see if the tool identifies any controls you can interact with.

Good luck!

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]