Do a send function on a non-active window

I have a program that refreshes a page every four second... it works perfectly but i was wondering if i could make it refresh without having it be active.

i am NOT using IE, nor firefox. I am using america online 8.0 plus...

EDIT::: it refreshes with a

send("{f5}")

AUTOIT TAGS BACK!

Edited by codemyster

i'm running it on a page with little info on it so four seconds is all i need

I only mention that not in your sake, but for the website, that has to cope with the drain of continually sending the data to your browser. Currently about 145 users online now , refreshing every 4 seconds would make a big drain. But, perhaps I'm wrong. I see no sense in such a rapid refresh rate.

Edit:

Consider classname as I mentioned. Your browser would not see the title etc as you show? Others do not...

Edited by MHz

I am using AOL 8.0 plus. I tried midifying the code so the title was america online, and the text was gaia, but it didn't work... which i don't know why because it worked in my normal send function

• 5 months later...

Just guessing>

Activate your AOL window, but place it to -20000,-20000 which is out of monitor area.

When 4 sec. comes remember which window was active, change to AOL, do what you want, and change back to the remembered window.

This should not take longer then 0.001 sec so you will sense nothing with normal work.

Maybe you can do blockinput when starting for safety.