Ping

hi i was wonder if someone can help me on getting the ping of your selected program. so say you make a GUI with a input box and if you put the number 236 it will check the program you selected and if the ping does hit 236 or over, it will do what ever your functions is such as log out. ill keep my eye out in scripts and scraps for a pinger thanks

[s]Autoit[/s]

hi i was wonder if someone can help me on getting the ping of your selected program. so say you make a GUI with a input box and if you put the number 236 it will check the program you selected and if the ping does hit 236 or over, it will do what ever your functions is such as log out. ill keep my eye out in scripts and scraps for a pinger thanks

Is this a "Please write this code for me" post? If so, please ignore the following helpful advice:

Look in the Help File. Search for "Ping". You will find what you are looking for their...minus the GUI stuff. However, you can do a search on "GUI" and you will be hit with a plethora of good stuff.

i don't plan on you writing the code unless you really are bored and want to safe me time, but i wanted to know how to ping a program of your choice and dn't think i can do it so im asking people if they might know how. and im not home so i can't look into it that great.

[s]Autoit[/s]

It would help if you explained what you're looking for in more detail.

My interpretation is:

1. Ping a server

2. Run a function if the response time is over a specified threshold

3. Repeat

A script like this would be simple. You can accomplish this with AutoIt native functions.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

I don't get what you guys aren't understanding, I think i said it cleary, Something that Pings Your Selected Program is it possiable? and no i don't want to ping a site. :D not sure if this can be done

[s]Autoit[/s]

I don't get what you guys aren't understanding, I think i said it cleary, Something that Pings Your Selected Program is it possiable? and no i don't want to ping a site. :D not sure if this can be done

Hi Vicks,

Ping is used to send TCP packets to IP addresses or DNS addresses. It cannot send packets to a particular program, ie. You cannot ping Outlook.

Was that what you were enquiring about?

jtsm

On re-reading your initial post. Are you trying to determine the latency of a program? ie. the return time of a packet. Much like if you play FPS online games you will see your "ping" rating?

yes its a game i want to ping, sure i could ping it but i need my script to ping it automaticly as well, still found nothing on pinging ill keep looking

You can't ping a game. You can have 'ping' in a game but that's just a term used to refer to its latency with a server.

yes its a game i want to ping, sure i could ping it but i need my script to ping it automaticly as well, still found nothing on pinging ill keep looking

Can you tell us the steps you take to ping it manually? For example, Click this button, press these keys, etc...

Can you post a screenshot?

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

What you want to do then is write a script to ping the game servers, these results will give you the latency. Then have your script analyse these results and trigger when the latency reaches a certain point.

eg. this is a typical ping.

C:\>ping localhost

Pinging localhost[127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Create the sript to log this information. And check the MS return time.

That should be enough to get you started at least.