ProcessClose lag

I am trying to close and relaunch one of my compiled scripts (with updates) but processclose seems to lag. So I added a splash screen while it is closing but it seems to wait until the splash screen disappears. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

ProcessClose("myscript.exe")
    MsgBox (0,"Relaunch","Please wait while your changes are updated",10)
    Run("myscript.exe")

• Moderators

I am trying to close and relaunch one of my compiled scripts (with updates) but processclose seems to lag. So I added a splash screen while it is closing but it seems to wait until the splash screen disappears. Is this a glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

ProcessClose("myscript.exe")
    MsgBox (0,"Relaunch","Please wait while your changes are updated",10)
    Run("myscript.exe")
Out of curiousity, if you close your process, it stops at that line, how do you expect to get the msgbox and run to work?

Open SciTe and run these 2 lines:

ProcessClose('AutoIt3.exe')
MsgBox(0,'Info','If you got this msgbox I am impressed')

If you want to restart your script, MHz did one not to long ago.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

...while it is closing but it seems to wait until the splash screen disappears...

If the first "it" refers to "myscript.exe" then that is working as you scripted.

If the second "it" is your "editing script", then that script is also working as you coded.

After your MsgBox (not splash screen) is closed or times out, "myscript.exe" will run.

What is the problem... please restate your question.

You might also want to take a look at /AutoIt3ExecuteScript:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...showtopic=22531

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Sorry I could have phrased this a little better, effectivly the Processclose command does not execute before the msgbox or run command works. Basically the msgbox is running while the other script is running (even though it should have already been closed). When the run command is executed there are two incedences of the script (one of which closes out after a second or so)

Sorry I could have phrased this a little better, effectivly the Processclose command does not execute before the msgbox or run command works. Basically the msgbox is running while the other script is running (even though it should have already been closed). When the run command is executed there are two incedences of the script (one of which closes out after a second or so)

ProcessWaitClose()? :D

Nomad :D