SciTe Macros config

I want to be able to use Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc., to enter text I use all the time for .html and .au3.

Below is what I thought of so far, but it does not work. I am editing my User Options File in SciTe.

user.shortcuts=\
Alt+1|"<!-- "|\
Alt+2|" -->"|\
Alt+3|"#cs "|\
Alt+4|"#ce"|\

:D

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

• Developers

I want to be able to use Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3 etc., to enter text I use all the time for .html and .au3.

Below is what I thought of so far, but it does not work. I am editing my User Options File in SciTe.

user.shortcuts=\
Alt+1|"<!-- "|\
Alt+2|" -->"|\
Alt+3|"#cs "|\
Alt+4|"#ce"|\

User.Shortcuts perform SciTE commands, not sending keystrokes so this won't work.

You could create an AutoIt3 script to do this for you....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

User.Shortcuts perform SciTE commands, not sending keystrokes so this won't work.

You could create an AutoIt3 script to do this for you....

Thanks JdeB. I have been looking for an easier way to get some macros to work with just simple keystrokes. I couldn't find much useful documentation to get User.Shortcuts to work for me.

You can also use the SciTE toolbar found in my Sig to make things easier. Enjoy!

Thanks Vollyman, I'll probably have so much use for your icon browser and RBG color chooser that I won't be bothered about not having such macros.

What you want is to take a look at abbrevations usage in SciTe.

Ex: type cw and hit CTRL+B or how about setupgui and CTRL+B

You can add your own through tools->open abbrevations file. Or look at the globalabbrev.properties in your scite folder.

abbrevations are a real timesaver for the common code you enter all the time. :D

• Developers

What you want is to take a look at abbrevations usage in SciTe.

Ex: type cw and hit CTRL+B or how about setupgui and CTRL+B

You can add your own through tools->open abbrevations file. Or look at the globalabbrev.properties in your scite folder.

abbrevations are a real timesaver for the common code you enter all the time. :D

Just CW + SpaceBar will do .... :D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)