Ok I give up on this one... 4 hours down....

I am so in the depths of my program right now if you know what I mean.

I am at a spot where I need autoit to run this command:

"c:\program files\diablo ii\diablo ii.exe" -w -title "Diablo II"

when I try to run it from autoit, Diablo says 'unable to detect application version' or something like that.

If I paste that into start > run, it works perfectly.

then I thought maybe it had to be in the same directory as the game, therefore I have it writing a seperate batch file in the game directory with that very line and running it.

Error, the game won't run.

If I double click the file, game runs fine.

I'm pulling my hair out over here

no it is a working parameter in diablo but why do you set the title to that?

using d2 loader ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

when I try to run it from autoit, Diablo says 'unable to detect application version' or something like that.

then I thought maybe it had to be in the same directory as the game, therefore I have it writing a seperate batch file in the game directory with that very line and running it.

You didn't post your Run() line from your script, which makes it hard to evaluate. Did it look anything like the following?

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c  c:\program files\diablo ii\diablo ii.exe -w -title "Diablo II"', @TempDir, @SW_MINIMIZE)

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

that isn't working.

It works if I double click the batch file but not if I try to run the batch file from autoit.

running it like that from autoit doesn't work.

I don't understand this =/

i have a batch file called batch.bat that is this (in total):

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -title "Diablo II"

If I double click it, the game starts and runs fine.

If I use autoit to run it, the game gives me an error.

no it is a working parameter in diablo but why do you set the title to that?

using d2 loader ?

yeah exactly.

I wrote a mule permer that works perfectly on my computer. I wanted to test the pixel ranges I'm using so I tried it on my other computer (which uses loader), and that's when I realized I needed to include d2loader somehow. and hours later i still can't get it.

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c  c:\program files\diablo ii\diablo ii.exe -w -title "Diablo II"', @TempDir, @SW_MINIMIZE)

I tried that and it just flashes and does nothing..

I want to mention that this program works perfectly running normal Diablo (not loader), which is exactly the same except Game.exe instead of Diablo II.exe

I can double click on the batch file and it works.

have autoit run it and Diablo gives me an error.

run($batchFile) gives me error in Diablo

actually double clicking the batch file , diablo runs fine...

Winsettitle(...,....)

Use it :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c  c:\program files\diablo ii\diablo ii.exe -w -title "Diablo II"', @TempDir, @SW_MINIMIZE)oÝ÷ Økçm«ZØ­ë-~V¬ë×hzÉ趧Ûhéíí«m+)®+jl(®K)z·ÞrÙr®éçx'¢¹8nZ'¢Ùhi׫Â+ŧ-+azƦyìzFjgÅ觲×væå Åâjwh¹¹^rXíæÚµÈ_WØ­Â䲯y«­¢+kºx­jwC¦å¢¯zÉjw«®ëº}7鶭rbè"½ë&yê뢸§&¶æ¥'h¹¹^rX)à¶j×!~)^v&îÇâïêº^b¢é]¶¼¢¶Ø^Á¬jºò~æjÛ^v+p'!±ël¶°¢¹"b­ç-¢¼­¢Ø^&è׫jëh×6Run('"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w -title "Diablo II"','C:\Program Files\Diablo II')

Oops, typing too slow to see you already had it...

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law