Make PixelSearch Box from unknown x,y location

Basically, I need to check for a color in a small PixelSearch box from a x,y location.

the whole process is

$FindRed = PixelSearch( 100, 50, 1900, 1000, 0xAB3D23 ,10,4)

MouseMove($FindRed[0],$FindRed[1],1)

;Look for LimeGreen Color within a small area of where $FindRed is.

I tried something like

$FindLimeGreen = PixelSearch ($FindRed[0] - 100, $FindRed[1] + 200, $FindRed[0] + 50, $FindRed[1] - 200, 8021856, 5, 4)

am I on the right track ?

Any suggestions would help a ton , thank you.

Basically, I need to check for a color in a small PixelSearch box from a x,y location.

the whole process is

$FindRed = PixelSearch( 100, 50, 1900, 1000, 0xAB3D23 ,10,4)

MouseMove($FindRed[0],$FindRed[1],1)

;Look for LimeGreen Color within a small area of where $FindRed is.

I tried something like

$FindLimeGreen = PixelSearch ($FindRed[0] - 100, $FindRed[1] + 200, $FindRed[0] + 50, $FindRed[1] - 200, 8021856, 5, 4)

am I on the right track ?

Any suggestions would help a ton , thank you.

Let's assume $FindRed = 600, 400. Your search box for $FindLimeGreen will be 500, 600 at top-left and 650, 200 at bottom right. I haven't tested it, but I suspect that will cause errors. Check out PixelSearch() parameters in the help file.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Recap: Im searching for a red pixel in a large rectangle area. Then once that area is found, find another color in a smaller rectangle area around where the red pixel is.

Finding the Red pixel is easy. But the array it returns is x,y. I cant see how to put a small rectangle around that Red Pixel x,y with any success.

Ive also tried the following.

$c = PixelSearch( 100, 50, 1900, 1000, 0xAB3D23 ,10,4);Gets the X,Y or the Red Pixel.

$l =  $c[0] - 10 , $c[1] ;left
$t =  $c[0] , $c[1] - 10 ;top
$r =  $c[0] + 10 , $c[1] ;right
$b =  $c[0] , $c[1] + 10 ;bottom

$FindGreen = PixelSearch ( $l, $t, $r, $b, 0x6D6A87 ,2,1 ); creates the smaller rectangle based off of 
                                                                                   ; the found Red Pixel.

To me this seams logical. But I'm getting syntax errors on the

$l =  $c[0] - 10 , $c[1] ;left
$t =  $c[0] , $c[1] - 10 ;top
$r =  $c[0] + 10 , $c[1] ;right
$b =  $c[0] , $c[1] + 10 ;bottom

I've poured over the help files many times and searched the forums. anybody have ideas ?

• Moderators

You seemed to be close, try this and see what happens:

$c = PixelSearch( 100, 50, 1900, 1000, 0xAB3D23 ,10,4);Gets the X,Y or the Red Pixel.

$l =  $c[0] - 10 ;top left x
$t =  $c[1] - 10 ;top left y
$r =  $c[0] + 10 ;bottom right x
$b =  $c[1] + 10 ;bottom right y

$FindGreen = PixelSearch ( $l, $t, $r, $b, 0x6D6A87 ,2,1 ); creates the smaller rectangle based off of
                                                                                   ; the found Red Pixel.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Recap: Im searching for a red pixel in a large rectangle area. Then once that area is found, find another color in a smaller rectangle area around where the red pixel is.

Finding the Red pixel is easy. But the array it returns is x,y. I cant see how to put a small rectangle around that Red Pixel x,y with any success.

Ive also tried the following.

$l =  $c[0] - 10 , $c[1];left
$t =  $c[0] , $c[1] - 10;top
$r =  $c[0] + 10 , $c[1];right
$b =  $c[0] , $c[1] + 10;bottom

; the found Red Pixel.

To me this seams logical. But I'm getting syntax errors on the

$l =  $c[0] - 10 , $c[1];left
$t =  $c[0] , $c[1] - 10;top
$r =  $c[0] + 10 , $c[1];right
$b =  $c[0] , $c[1] + 10;bottom

I've poured over the help files many times and searched the forums. anybody have ideas ?

My appologies, I seem to have confused the issue for you when I said "Let's assume $FindRed = 600, 400..." That was not a valid reference in AutoIT code. I only meant $FindRed points to x=600, y=400. The value returned is actually an array, so the real references are:

$FindRed[0] = 600; This is x
$FindRed[1] = 400; This is y

So your code above would translate to:

$l =  $c[0] - 10 ;left
$t =  $c[1] - 10 ;top
$r =  $c[0] + 10 ;right
$b =  $c[1] + 10 ;bottom

Sloppy grammer on my part. I hope that clears it up.

:">

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law