Improved _Mem() UDF's

Nomad

Hmm, let's see... post #69 had the "multi-threading" example... post #62 had an example not attempting to do any sort of multi-threading, and it was before the concept even came into play. Post #66, 3 posts before the example at #69, multi-threading came into play.

Post #73, you joined into the discussion. A grand total of 11 posts between when you first posted, and my example when multi-threading wasn't even a glint in my eye, and a total of 7 posts between the failed multi-threading example, and the non-multi-threading example.

Let's not forget that all of the posts between these examples were like 1 line posts, with exaception of one post which might have had 10 lines.

Now, I'm not calling you a liar and saying you never seen the "non-multi-threading" example, but I am saying that you were lazy and you should have looked at the source of something before jumping into a conversation you knew nothing about, and on top of that, insulting everyone. It would have taken you less time to look up the few posts you should have seen, than it took you to type your first one line post.

Now, this is the last time. Stay out of my topics unless you have constructive criticism, are here to offer help, or need help using anything I posted. Your next post which is not of this nature will be reported (if it will do any good), and I will continue reporting them until something is done about it, or I am banned. I don't really care if I am banned because if this is the kind of crap dealt out by the people in charge of things around here, I don't care to be here.

Good day,

Nomad.

Edit: That goes for everyone, not just you, Valik. The topics in this forum are supposed to be for a place to share "Scripts and Scraps". As well as the "peaceful" discussion relevant to the script or scrap shared. Not a place to insult people, no matter how far fetched, or "bad", their scripts or scraps happen to be in someone else's "opinion".

Edited by Nomad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me explain this for you. Post #69 makes no reference to any other post on this forum. Period. There is not a single letter in post #69 that even remotely hints that I have to read any other post on this forum to get any sort of background knowledge. Post #69 is 100% stand-alone; it could appear all by itself anywhere.

So excuse me for reading your post, not your mind. Next time I'll hold a Tarot card to my forehead and see if I can do a better job.

Quote from post #75, your 2nd post

Try reading.

Okay. *Reads*. Hmm, I see a call to CreateThread(). Damn, sure looks to me like you're trying to do multi-threading.

Don't reply to this, you've already spoken about this in the thread you said it in. These are your unaltered words, they speak for themself.

I told you to quit posting this garbage in my topics. I've reported your last post, and I will continue reporting any more posts which are not constructive criticism about the projects in this topic, alternative methods for structuring or coding the projects in this topic (general help), or a request for help for any of the projects in this topic.

Posts of your nature belong elsewhere, like chat, not in this topic. You are setting an example for other members, would you consider this to be a good example of how all of the other members should behave? Would Jon?

If my reports are ignored, I will send emails directly to Jon about this. If he ignores them, then I guess that means he supports this sort of behavior and I'll take the money I intended to donate to his great product and leave. That doesn't sound like good business to me, but what do I know?

Quote from post #75, your 2nd postDon't reply to this, you've already spoken about this in the thread you said it in. These are your unaltered words, they speak for themself.

I told you to quit posting this garbage in my topics. I've reported your last post, and I will continue reporting any more posts which are not constructive criticism about the projects in this topic, alternative methods for structuring or coding the projects in this topic (general help), or a request for help for any of the projects in this topic.

The last time I checked, you went "off-topic" first. My original post pertained to a specific, on-topic post in this thread. Just because I didn't give you an answer to your problem that was stated nowhere near the post I read doesn't mean what I said was any less constructive. Knowing what not to do is half the battle.

Posts of your nature belong elsewhere, like chat, not in this topic.

That works two ways You're as much off-topic as me and since you were the first to venture off-topic, as far as I'm concerned, I'm merely following the topic the thread creator has switched to.

You are setting an example for other members, would you consider this to be a good example of how all of the other members should behave?

Am I? What about the example you're trying to set with your "get rid of Valik and I'll pay you" mentality you adopted in your last post?

Would Jon?

That's the <potential donation amount> question now, isn't it?

If my reports are ignored, I will send emails directly to Jon about this. If he ignores them, then I guess that means he supports this sort of behavior and I'll take the money I intended to donate to his great product and leave. That doesn't sound like good business to me, but what do I know?

What is this, blackmail, bribery? Are you actually stating that you'll pay Jon to remprimand me for not being able to read your mind? Let me state one more time how things have transpired:
  • You make post #69 which involves non-working multi-threading code. This post requires no other reading of any other post in the thread (or the forum).
  • Post #73, I make a comment that multi-threading is not the way to go. At this point, you've gotten constructive criticism. You may not know which way to go but at least you know which way not to go which can save a lot of time.
  • Post #74, you start being a bit rude, or at least what most people would consider rude if I said it to them. I know people in the past have taken offense when I tell them to try reading.
  • Post #75, I respond, again using post #69 as the only reference since it does not indicate anywhere that I need to look for more information somewhere else.
  • Post #76, the flame war beings with your comments about me ragging on people and such.
In amongst your various posts, you've questioned my ability, stated that I wasn't helpful and accused me of being arrogant. What have I said negative about you? Now your most recent stunt is to demand Jon take action against me or he doesn't get any money from you. Sure looks like I'm the bad guy here...

The last time I checked, you went "off-topic" first. My original post pertained to a specific, on-topic post in this thread. Just because I didn't give you an answer to your problem that was stated nowhere near the post I read doesn't mean what I said was any less constructive. Knowing what not to do is half the battle.

You can try to place blame anywhere you want. It's not going to change what everyone can see by simply reading. This all started because you refused to read back far enough to see where the idea was coming from, even after you were told to do so. Note post #75 again (the post where you said you read). I even told you that the whole multi-threading thing was just a suggestion I looked into, and that I was open to any suggestion offered. How did you reply?

I'm looking for any method which is going to accomplish what it is I need. If I didn't have to eat up so much time by extracting the information from the Dll Structure, which I needed for the DllCall, which I needed because AutoIt has no other way to do this... This portion of my script would only be taking 5 minutes or less of processing time instead of 4+ hours.

What are you actually talking about? I don't see anything posted from you in the last 3 days as to what you might be talking about. All I see is an attempt to do multi-threading from somebody who obviously does not know how to use the advanced functions they are trying to use.

Now, you are an experienced programmer that is perfectly capable of reading over an entire program to fully understand what it does, and why it does it. But you are not capable of looking over a few posts to fully understand what's going on, even after you said you did? Gimme a break.

That works two ways You're as much off-topic as me and since you were the first to venture off-topic, as far as I'm concerned, I'm merely following the topic the thread creator has switched to.

I never left topic. Once again, you did not look over all of the posts (data) to fully understand what was going on. This topic originated as _Memory UDFs. I then included another project of mine which is based off of those UDFs. The entire multi-threading subject was a suggestion to a solution for an aspect of that 2nd project. That's when you came in and trashed the whole idea without even offering a suggestion. You're a Developer of AutoIt. Nobody should know more about it than you. Apparantly you don't care if anyone knows how to use it properly and to it's greatest potential (which might effect it's sales potential, don't you think?) since you are unwilling to offer suggestions and aid the users of this program you helped to create.

Am I? What about the example you're trying to set with your "get rid of Valik and I'll pay you" mentality you adopted in your last post?

That's the <potential donation amount> question now, isn't it?

What is this, blackmail, bribery? Are you actually stating that you'll pay Jon to remprimand me for not being able to read your mind? Let me state one more time how things have transpired:

[*]You make post #69 which involves non-working multi-threading code. This post requires no other reading of any other post in the thread (or the forum).

[*]Post #73, I make a comment that multi-threading is not the way to go. At this point, you've gotten constructive criticism. You may not know which way to go but at least you know which way not to go which can save a lot of time.

[*]Post #74, you start being a bit rude, or at least what most people would consider rude if I said it to them. I know people in the past have taken offense when I tell them to try reading.

[*]Post #75, I respond, again using post #69 as the only reference since it does not indicate anywhere that I need to look for more information somewhere else.

[*]Post #76, the flame war beings with your comments about me ragging on people and such.

Blackmail? No. I was pointing out that a potential donor like myself, as well as other potential donors, might object to Developers jumping into their topics, which are also linked to from other forum sites, and telling them, as well as the other posters of their topic, that they are wrong, have bad examples, etc... and not even offering a single suggestion to go about it correctly, or an alternative solution. Telling someone that their hard work sucks, is an insult. How would you like it if someone, and an administration member no less, told you that a particular function you created for AutoIt was just plain bad, and that you were a moron for even attempting to create it? You wouldn't.

I was making a point that you are potentially driving off business because people aren't going to want to buy a product from someone who is letting one of his developers talk trash about the work they created with that person's product, no matter how good it is.

As far as examples. You're a developer. You have a lot more influence over the members on this board than I do, therefore you are supposed to set a "better" example than anyone else. If you feel you are just doing what I was doing, then why? Why stoop to my (alledged) level when you're the one who's setting the example? If I was Jon, I would be talking to you about this even if the "member" was deserving of the treatment received by you. If a member is out of line, there ae other ways to go about it that doesn't set a bad example for the rest of the board. If you worked for say, McDonald's, and a customer came in and said he thought your uniforms were ugly. Would it be wise to tell the customer that you thought their clothes were ugly, and possibly make them leave without buying anything? If you did, you would be the one in trouble with the boss, and the customer would just go to Burger King instead. Get the point?

In amongst your various posts, you've questioned my ability, stated that I wasn't helpful and accused me of being arrogant. What have I said negative about you? Now your most recent stunt is to demand Jon take action against me or he doesn't get any money from you. Sure looks like I'm the bad guy here...

Where have you been helpful? How have you not been arrogant? You said Busti's example was just plain "bad" and didn't even "try" to offer a solution. You obviously know a solution, or an alternative method, otherwise how can you assert that it was just bad? That's arrogance.

You're damn right I want action taken against you. I want your comments out of my topic. I want every post after #73 removed from this topic.

If this post doesn't spell it out for you, then nothing else will. As I stated, you are apparantly a good programmer, so don't try to convince me that you can't "read with comprehension". I strongly advise reading each and every post in this topic from the moment I introduced my Memory Tool project (post #61) before you make another post, like I know you will.

Edit: list tags removed from your quote, they were messing up the entire post.

Edited by Nomad

So basically you're going on your little pissy rant not because of what I said but what I didn't say? Meaning, if I had said multi-threading was not the way to go but provided you with some other alternative, none of this would have ever happened?

Mod, please delete every post in this topic starting from #73 and ending with the last post.

People I refer to this topic from other websites should not have to see posts like this. Valik, if you're bent on continuing this conversation, I recommend using the personal message system, or the chat forum.

Nomad.

Despite what you want to think, post #73 belongs in this thread. Nobody here is under any obligation to provide support. If I choose to state something is not possible, that is my choice. I am under no obligation to provide an alternative method or any additional support. If you didn't feel my comment added anything, you shouldn't have responded to it.

The contents of this thread are irrelevant to me. However, they have some meaning to you it seems, otherwise you would not be requesting that a moderator obliterate all traces of the conversation. My response to that is if you didn't want the conversation here, then you shouldn't have expected anything beyond what was in my original post. You made a mistake when you began trying to elicit more from me than the original comment. If I wanted to provide more, I would have. I did not want to. I chose not to. You didn't like that. Here we are now.

I will not hide this conversation in private messages. It was started in the public, it will finish in the public. I will not move this conversation to chat, it was started in this thread and it will finish here.

We're going to play a game here. It's called, "who will stop first". If you really don't want any more stuff like this in your thread, it's very simple: Don't reply (to me). You're not going to convince me that I started this. I doubt I can convince you of the opposite. So it's really easy to end this. I will play as long as you are willing, however, I will not stop by your request. So show me just how much you care about your precious thread.

I contacted Jon.

For those of you that came here for a legitimate purpose, I'm sorry you have to see this. In the meantime I am transferring all the information here to my alternate site. If AutoIt supports this behavior from it's moderating team, then they can have this site to theirself. I don't need it, and I don't need their support. I've done almost nothing here except try to help people, and this is my payment for those services.

Let this topic serve as an example of what you might be dealing with yourself.

Insulting bahavior and just plain childishness from a moderator/developer. Don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. I don't claim to be completely without fault, but a moderator/developer should have a higher standard than this. He's no different than my 6 year old son.

Nomad.

Insulting bahavior and just plain childishness from a moderator/developer. Don't take my word for it, read it for yourself. I don't claim to be completely without fault, but a moderator/developer should have a higher standard than this. He's no different than my 6 year old son.

Nomad.

I am not a moderator, nor do I wish to be one - I am a developer. And you're right, I'm no different than your 6 year old son: I'm an individual with a personality. The fact that I'm developer has no bearing on that. You're disillusioned if you think that my abilities have any correlation with my "standards". Just because I have made code contributions to AutoIt doesn't mean I suddenly abandon who I am. Becoming something I'm not just becase I am a developer is a double standard I am not going to adhere to.

• Administrators

/sigh

For reference the moderators are Larry, JdeB and jpm - they get any notification of "reported" posts and can open/close threads and warn members.

Those with just the "Developers" tag have access to our private chat forum but have no special mod rights except in the bug report forum so that they can move bug report posts. So Valik didn't close this thread.

When threads degenerate into a flame war the general mod wisdom on here and other boards is to close the thread. It looks like jp did that this morning and was IMHO a perfectly correct thing to do. If you want particular posts of yours in this thread deleting then PM me or him. (Also be mindful of timezones, most mods are on European time so it may take a while for a response, the thread was closed first time this morning UK time).

If you don't like Valik's posts or tone (and let's face it, many people don't :wacko: ) then add him to your ignored user list at http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;CODE=ignore - if you decide to start a war of words with him then you are likely to end up embroiled in a long quote war. Valik is correct in saying that just because he contributes code doesn't mean that he has to change who he is. There have been plenty of heated threads much worse than this on the board before (remeber the religion threads :D ) - I may close threads when I believe they have gotten out of hand but I'm not going to start telling people off because I don't like their tone.

Nomad: I can't verify the link because it times out, but you appear to have posted a link to a decompiler in your signature. Not the best way to present your case and I will raise you to the maximum warn level. <blunt>Any more stunts like that and you are gone, ok?</blunt>