Get Icon From Any File

Well, I believe this has been done before, but I couldn't find any post in the ~8 pages I went through, so...

How do you get the .ico file used for a file. For example Windows Explorer knows what icon to use for folders/files, but also for executables. Any idea?

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tnx alot! The only thing I don't understand yet is how you get the icon from a exe file. I see that your (holger's) explorer does this correctly, but when I take out your FileGetIcon function it always returns 0 for .exe files (no wonder, they're not in the registry :D ). Could you give me a hint as to where you look for the exe icon in the explorer script?

Edited by marfdaman

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually, not so difficult;

Before calling the FileGeticon, Holger is deininf the file;

"$szIconFile=$dossierfunc&$ar_TMpImage[1]"

or whatever, and I had left it as "local" undefined; this fixes my _GuiCtrlListView.au3" func for this prob.

Thanks, Randallc

lol yes I see it now too :D I didn't know you could set the icon that way as well :">