starting up a exe (run())

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem here and really can't find it.

I'm writing a small bot for Sacred Underworld.

my skills in programming suck really but then again, I learned myself vba in 4 months and could program in it with some help off others.

I got a few questions now...

1) I got a script compiled that runs besides the ini file where some parameters can be configured. for testing pursposes I created a msgbox to return my value from my located string in the ini file. This works fine but if you look at the code

$path = IniRead("[b]C:\Documents and Settings\Evil_elf\Desktop\sacred.ini[/b]", "startup", "path", "default")
MsgBox(4096, "Result", $path)
you will see that the location from where he will read my ini is a complete path. can't this be placed as a folder from where the script can ran, whoever wants to use it.

2) my return value from the above line is

path=C:\Program Files\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred Underworld\sacred.exe

but the program starts and quits directly. why?

does it need to run in a specific folder or something?

Cheers,

Overlord

$path = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "path", "default")

This way it works not with the "" around @scriptdir

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

$path = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "path", "default")

This way it works not with the "" around @scriptdir

k, thx guys. I will change it in my script. Now I can give that folder any name I want, right?

@Dirtymafia: I had already included that run($path) in my script but I found out meanwhile that sacred w on't start from a commandline.

I tried entering the path in my addressbar on my computer and did get the same result. Looks like I need to contact sacred to solve this.

Thx guys!!