Tristate GUI TreeView

Holger

Hi :D

here is the lib you could use to create a GUI tristate treeview.

Just take a look in the zip-file.

Extract all files in to the same dir and the take a look into the sample-file.

I also put some state image bitmaps in.

It's just like a beginning (version 0.2).

The next thing I'm working on is to check for the right state:

that means it's not usefull to put the state "GUI_INDERMINATE" manually to an item!

And if the state of an item is changing then call a userdefined function to i.e. set another entry in the combo box(like in the sample) or doing some other things...

If you have any problems/question then just let me know :D

Greets :wacko:

Holger

tristatestuff.zip

post-1133-1203715733_thumb.jpg

Edited by Holger

• 3 months later...

Update-15.10.2006: Fixed a small bug if using it in compiled file with icons (Thanks to Analyzer from German Autoit-Forum).

P.S.: Thanks @markloman for additional info:

BTW, for people who like to add icons to their treeviews with _GUICtrlTreeViewSetIcon, make certain you call LoadStateImage after _GUICtrlTreeViewSetIcon smile.gif

Greets

Holger

• 4 months later...

Dude, this rocks! Great work, looking forward to more great scripts from you!

http://www.autoitking.co.nr Site is DOWN | My deviantART | No Topic Topic - Don't do it!-------------------- UDF's/Scripts:AutoIt: [BenEditor 3.6] [_ShutDown()]PHP: [CommentScript]Web Based AutoIt: [MemStats] [HTML to AU3] [User LogIn and SignUp script]

• 2 weeks later...

Holger,

Has there been any advancement with this really usefull script? like perhaps a UDF???

I have attached a modified version of the scripts to basically do the Opposite of the origional script. You are not able to select any child objects without the parent being enabled, and if you uncheck a parent item, all it's children get unchecked and disabled.

Thanks,

Mike

edit: changed the post from a how do I do this? to a How-to

Edited by MikeOsdx

Could someone give me more detailed information on how to get the checkboxes to work after the script is compiled?

(Specifically the note in the script about adding the bmp file into the EXE using ResHacker.exe)

I have tried it about 12 different ways and I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks,

Mike

edit: clarification

Edited by MikeOsdx

• 2 months later...

I don't get what's wrong... I save the files, open the sample... run it and get a bunch of errors.

"Samples" should work right out the box, so was this made with an older version? Or is there further setup that has to be done before this will work?

C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(12,78) : ERROR: $CLR_NONE previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("CLR_NONE")               Then    Global Const $CLR_NONE                  = 0xFFFFFFFF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(18,74) : ERROR: $TV_FIRST previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TV_FIRST")               Then    Global Const $TV_FIRST                  = 0x1100
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                  ~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(19,93) : ERROR: $TVM_SETIMAGELIST previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVM_SETIMAGELIST")       Then    Global Const $TVM_SETIMAGELIST          = $TV_FIRST + 9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(20,92) : ERROR: $TVM_GETNEXTITEM previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVM_GETNEXTITEM")        Then    Global Const $TVM_GETNEXTITEM           = $TV_FIRST + 10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(21,86) : ERROR: $TVM_GETITEM previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVM_GETITEM")            Then    Global Const $TVM_GETITEM               = $TV_FIRST + 12
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(22,86) : ERROR: $TVM_SETITEM previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVM_SETITEM")            Then    Global Const $TVM_SETITEM               = $TV_FIRST + 13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(25,73) : ERROR: $TVGN_NEXT previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVGN_NEXT")              Then    Global Const $TVGN_NEXT                 = 0x1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~              ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                 ~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(26,75) : ERROR: $TVGN_PARENT previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVGN_PARENT")            Then    Global Const $TVGN_PARENT               = 0x3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(27,74) : ERROR: $TVGN_CHILD previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVGN_CHILD")             Then    Global Const $TVGN_CHILD                = 0x4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                ~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(28,74) : ERROR: $TVGN_CARET previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVGN_CARET")             Then    Global Const $TVGN_CARET                = 0x9
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                ~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(29,77) : ERROR: $TVIF_STATE previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVIF_STATE")             Then    Global Const $TVIF_STATE                = 0x0008
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                ~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(30,78) : ERROR: $TVIF_HANDLE previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVIF_HANDLE")            Then    Global Const $TVIF_HANDLE               = 0x0010
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~               ~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(31,90) : ERROR: $TVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK previously declared as a 'Const'
If Not IsDeclared("TVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK")    Then    Global Const $TVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK       = 0xF000
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    ~~~~    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       ~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(337,73) : WARNING: $hImageList: possibly used before declaration.
    DllCall("comctl32.dll", "int", "ImageList_Destroy", "hwnd", $hImageList)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeViewLib.au3(337,73) : ERROR: $hImageList: undeclared global variable.
    DllCall("comctl32.dll", "int", "ImageList_Destroy", "hwnd", $hImageList)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Documents and Settings\Steven Morehouse\Desktop\delete\au3\TristateTreeview-sample.au3 - 14 error(s), 1 warning(s)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

when you build a exe from the script and run it standalone it doesn't work. One user here already pointed that out before but i think noone spotted this. It looks very nice but I really would love to know why that happens.

Appreciate the feedback,

Glenn

Please read the sample-file text again then you know how to use a bmp together with compiled exe file.

P.S.: while reading please replace the line

You could also use a integrated bmw...

with thisone:

You could also use a integrated bmp...

:)

Greets

Holger

Please read the sample-file text again then you know how to use a bmp together with compiled exe file.

P.S.: while reading please replace the line

You could also use a integrated bmw...

with thisone:

You could also use a integrated bmp...

:)

Greets

Holger

I see what happened, I got acquainted to this package from within an installer I was trying to modify to my needs and it didn't come with a sample file. I've got it now though so I'll look into this now. So the bottom line -so far I can tell- it can't access the bmp's from disk when an exe is being made, correct ? Is this an AutoIT limit ?

Thanks for responding so fast, really appreciate this.

Glenn

I see what happened, I got acquainted to this package from within an installer I was trying to modify to my needs and it didn't come with a sample file. I've got it now though so I'll look into this now. So the bottom line -so far I can tell- it can't access the bmp's from disk when an exe is being made, correct ? Is this an AutoIT limit ?

I must say, I'm still a bit in the dark here, I can see the contents and the icons fine in the exe with resourcehacker but I'm not knowledable about how to actually add these nice little green ones in the exe. tbh, I find this fairly cucumbersome and I wonder why the code does work when I for example run it from scite... Doesn't anybody here need a exe ? I mean, examples are very nice and learnful but being able to use this in lets call it -disrespectfully sounding- the real world would make this and even more excellent program. Why can't the program find the bmp's on disk ? That's really my problem I guess. The issue here is also that the defaults aren't being respected (you know, main program -> required) when it cant seem to find these bitmaps, that's perhaps even more of an issue to some here.

Anyway, if any more insights into this lib is very welcome, again I appreciate all the hard work. I'm just trying to help improve the usability, atleast from my perspective.

Glenn

• 1 year later...

You the king of kings!

great great great great.

Now all i have to do it to make it that you can only choose one subcategory in one time

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79740
Edited by oren

• 10 months later...

Very good project! Thanks.

I just found one small(?) bug - When the user holding «Ctrl» and pressing «Space» key on selected item, the item looses it's image, and also disabled items looses their disabled state :)

Any ideas how to fix it? :)

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

The only solution i can get to work is this (i also tried the VK codes, but no success):

Dim $n_Dummy = GUICtrlCreateDummy()
Dim $a_TTV_Accel[4][2] = [["^{SPACE}", $n_Dummy], ["^+{SPACE}", $n_Dummy], ["^!{SPACE}", $n_Dummy], ["^+!{SPACE}", $n_Dummy]]
GUISetAccelerators($a_TTV_Accel)

This should be used after GUICreate() part (perhaps inside LoadStateImage() function?).

Edited by MrCreatoR

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

My_Userbar.gif

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team