help me please its easy

hi i was wondering do you have to activate the script in order for this to work?

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN", "Blocked", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

so say i have a script sitting there and nobody touched it would this command stll be activated?

[s]Autoit[/s]

• Moderators

I'm just curious on how you actually expected it to get executed :D ?

Edit:

And Osmosis is out of the question :wacko:

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

hi i was wondering do you have to activate the script in order for this to work?

RegWrite("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RUN", "Blocked", "REG_SZ", @ScriptFullPath)

so say i have a script sitting there and nobody touched it would this command stll be activated?

Any program or script has to be running, of course, to do anything. Did you mean "Does it have to be visible on the screen to work?" In that case the answer would be no. A script or program can run on the computer with no visble indication on the desktop.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Any program or script has to be running, of course, to do anything. Did you mean "Does it have to be visible on the screen to work?" In that case the answer would be no. A script or program can run on the computer with no visble indication on the desktop.

:D

no i wanted it to work on start up and no im not up to something there are alot of legit reaosns
[s]Autoit[/s]

no i wanted it to work on start up and no im not up to something there are alot of legit reaosns

Ahh. On startup. I don't believe you mentioned that before. :D

Just once, or every time the Windows starts? You are looking for the Run or RunOnce keys in the registry. And the point remains. Once the program or script is kicked off, it can run silently in the background or visibly on the desktop.

You do need to be additionaly aware of the security context if it is something you want to run before a user logs on.

Cheers! :wacko:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law