controlID

From the help file under "Controls":

One of the best new features with AutoIt v3 is the ability to work directly with certain types of Window Controls. Almost everything you see on a window is a control of some kind: buttons, listboxes, edit fields, static text are all controls.

In general, if the "AutoIt3" window info tool will not show a Control ID, then "AutoIt3" will not "see" it either... but I could be wrong.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

hello everyone

what is the best tool to look for controlID? i tried to use WinInfo but it does not always show. can anyone help?

thanks

dat

Does AutoIT Info show any info at all? Sometimes there's no ControlID (at least visible to AutoIT), but there is a ClassNameNN (i.e. Edit1 or SysListView321). For most control commands, the ClassNameNN can be used interchangeably with the ControlID.

See Controls and WinGetClassList() in the help file.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

so in general, i can use ClassNameNN for a ControlID parameter?

i was looking at some examples (google search), they know the login form ("f"), input field ("q"), or hotmail username ("username") & password ("passwd"). how do you find those information? they must use a tool to look for those information, right?

Does AutoIT Info show any info at all? Sometimes there's no ControlID (at least visible to AutoIT), but there is a ClassNameNN (i.e. Edit1 or SysListView321). For most control commands, the ClassNameNN can be used interchangeably with the ControlID.

See Controls and WinGetClassList() in the help file.

so in general, i can use ClassNameNN for a ControlID parameter?

i was looking at some examples (google search), they know the login form ("f"), input field ("q"), or hotmail username ("username") & password ("passwd"). how do you find those information? they must use a tool to look for those information, right?

Yes, in almost all cases you can use either ControlID or ClassNameNN interchangeably. You need to check out the AutoIT Info utility, which shows info from a window. That will tell you what's ID's are available in the given window. Note that if you are talking about a page displayed on IE, that is a different situation (talking to a different API).

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 4 years later...

Apologies if this is considered hijacking an old thread, but I've been developing a sample script for saving a webpage as HTML only.

In IE8 I can find the Control ID, but in IE6 (at work) the AutoIT Info utility does not hightlight a discrete Class or Control ID when I hover oevr it.

The IE8 command I'm using is

ControlCommand($hSave, "", "[CLASS:ComboBox; INSTANCE:2]", "SelectString", "Webpage, HTML only"); Switch Selection to Webpage, HTML ONLY in the Type Dropdown

Can someone point me in the correct direction (for dummies) to find the same info in IE6. Oddly the AutoIT Info can find "File Name" (Edit1) and the "Encoding" Dropdow Box (ComboBox4) in IE6, but refuses to give me any details on the Save as Type, it just envelops the whole Save As Webpage Window and throws up Classname #327701.

Really appreciate some guidance.

Thanks

k.

Edited by jksmurf