How to deal with reboot of machine during script execution

im creating an unattended install of Visual Studio 6.0 but after this is installed the machine has to reboot. When the machine reboots & i login how can I get the script to carry on from where it left of to then install SP5, 6 & MSDN library.

i was going to use a RunonceEX to import into the registry for another script to run after the reboot.

is there another way of doing this so I only have one script that can handle the reboot & run from where it was last..?

cheers

im creating an unattended install of Visual Studio 6.0 but after this is installed the machine has to reboot. When the machine reboots & i login how can I get the script to carry on from where it left of to then install SP5, 6 & MSDN library.

i was going to use a RunonceEX to import into the registry for another script to run after the reboot.

is there another way of doing this so I only have one script that can handle the reboot & run from where it was last..?

cheers

You can split your installation in phase1, phase2 ....(all in one script).

Write the next coming phase in a txt file, read this after reboot and then go on with installation.

Or use the rgistry to write in what is to do next time.

As they told u, use the command line to make it execute phase 2

psedo code:

Install first part

put the exe + -installpart2 (as command parameter) in the startup list

reboot

(if the pc is booted, your script will start again, but because of the command parameter, it will start at part 2)

install part 2

delete exe from start list

exit

end psedocode

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...