FileCopy not working...

Hi All,

I have setup a file copy for an autoIT exe file to the startup after a reboot. Ive tested with the original script file bot now need to copy the compiled EXE file.. i have the line below but its not working... any onwe help here..

FileCopy("\\server\it$\Software\Other\Microsoft\Visual Studio\disk1\Visual Studio 6.0 Install P2.exe", @StartupDir)

i have check & double checked the UNC path & file name (rename & Copy text to make sure) but it dosent work now with the exe file copy.

Yeah, but you may have overlooked reading the examples in the helpfile. It would tell you that it can recognize @StartupDir as a file rather then a folder so try using a backslash after @StartupDir and see if that solves your problem.

If this is a reboot and continue install, then I would recommend using HKCU\...\RunOnce as the method to restart your automation. I would assume that Visual Studio 6.0 would also start from that key and the entry would not require removal as it is done automatically. I have a reboot script that does this and works fine to complete the 2nd half of install with another program I have.

:D

ill have a go with the backslash..

I tried originally using runonce but it runs & waits when i need it to go into windows fully for a MSDN window to apear & then run. startup folder was working a treat till i compiled the script.

i have changed UNC path so im now thinking it dosent like the space in the UNC path. it seems ok with spaces in the filename but possibly not the UNC path.

Due to the Problem with Mcafee now I need to use the registry. can somone help with the correct script to add the correct key for this exe to run in the runonce. ive knocked somethig up but dont think its right.

SET KEY=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

REG ADD %KEY%\001 /V /D "\"\\ebc-img-01\it$\Software\Other\Microsoft\Visual Studio\disk1\Visual Studio 6 Install P2.exe\"

; Call function when needed.
_RunOnce()

Func _RunOnce()
    ; Add 2nd part to installation.
    Local $key = 'HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce'
    If @Compiled Then
        RegWrite($key, '_VisualStudio', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /postrun')
    Else
        RegWrite($key, '_VisualStudio', 'Reg_sz', '"' & @AutoItExe & '" "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" /postrun')
    EndIf
EndFunc