IE Embedded Web control

Hi all,

I have a form with embedded IE object.

it works fine untill there is a popup or a file download dialog box....

How to generate these popups also inside the form?. that is i wanted the entire IE inside the form including all the popups and dialogboxes opened when clicked on a link in the IE page.

The reason for this is when i automate the IE it should not be part of the desktop..so i am embedding it inside a form...i want all the popups and dialog boxes also to follow suit....

like a remote desktop with only IE kind of stuff...

is it possible in anyother way other than embedding in a form?

Kindly help.

-Bala

Hi all,

I have a form with embedded IE object.

it works fine untill there is a popup or a file download dialog box....

How to generate these popups also inside the form?. that is i wanted the entire IE inside the form including all the popups and dialogboxes opened when clicked on a link in the IE page.

The reason for this is when i automate the IE it should not be part of the desktop..so i am embedding it inside a form...i want all the popups and dialog boxes also to follow suit....

like a remote desktop with only IE kind of stuff...

is it possible in anyother way other than embedding in a form?

Kindly help.

-Bala

I can think of no way to do this.

The browser interacts directly with the shell/window manager and while there is sometimes a concept of parent/child with the pop-ups and such, more often they are siblings. As Larry mentions, if you are writing a controlled application where you can anticipate every outcome you might stand a chance of approximating this, but it would still be difficult.

I suppose you could have a process running that looked for any of these windows and repositioned them inside your GUI boundaries and perhaps also removed their tray icon, but you'll have to be really motivated to work through it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I want something like a citrix window or a VMware window where its a separate desktop as such.

i want to use IE but not part of the existing desktop in windows os, so i dont have to worry about currently running windowed applications which can hinder the IE actions....its for my company portal only...

Anyways thanks guys...

-Bala