Control Panel items

This is gonna make me look really stupid.....How do you run an item from the Control Panel??

This is part of a software rollout, there are all sorts of different machines (Circa 1000) Screen resolutions, Software installs so i cant use Send("{LWIN}r") as there may be other items, and I cant Run.cpl) files...I've tried _RunDos to no effect

Also is there a way to create a new folder from within a script, I can only see FileCreateShortcut

Apologies if I'm being feeble but I cant seem to find any info on these items anywhere.

Thanks for looking

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

Also is there a way to create a new folder from within a script, I can only see FileCreateShortcut

DirCreate

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Tremendous....Thanks guys -all works

As a matter of interest where do you find this stuff out, I have to come here and ask questions and end up relying on people's good nature and also looking like an idiot. Is there somewhere I dont know about?

The DirCreate was just down to my not thinking broader, but I read through the Run command and cant find anything to do with 'control' anywhere

[font='Comic Sans MS']Eagles may soar high but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines[/font]

As a matter of interest where do you find this stuff out, I have to come here and ask questions and end up relying on people's good nature and also looking like an idiot. Is there somewhere I dont know about?

Ofcourse Google is a good method to find out things. Another concept is to go into folder options and look at filetypes. You know that you want to run a .cpl file so when you look at the advanced properties of .cpl, then you will see this as it's open command

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "%1",%*

That can be converted to

$cpl = 'main.cpl'
Run('rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL ' & $cpl)

and also control.exe exists for the task also. :D

Here is one that I use to launch the System object directly to the Remote Assistance tab. You can change the 6 to another number to automatically launch the window on a specified tab. They start at 0

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL sysdm.cpl,,6")

Mike