AU3Chat Server/Client

erifash

I have created a program will host a chatroom that supports up to 16 users. The client can connect to the server and send messages to all users or send a PM to a single user. When connecting, just type in the IP address of the server and the username you want to connect as. I know that others have made various chat programs but this was designed to be simple to use and modify. This program writes nothing to the registry and requires no other includes besides GUIConstants. If you have a router you can get this to work over the internet by setting up port fowarding. You can modify the port it connects to in the code. The source is attached, I hope you like it! :D

EDIT: Added an "admin" user with kick privelages. Please see Post #13 for more info.

EDIT2: Updated. Added admin password encryption. See Post #31 for details.

Previous combined downloads: 536

AU3Chat.zip

Edited by erifash

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow this is nice :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Thanks everyone. Always nice to have positive feedback! :wacko: I might make an admin feature on the client so you can kick users etc... Just have to type in the server password, which will be hardcoded. Of course when I get around to it. :D

Edited by erifash

Have you set up port fowarding on both computers (server and client) if they both have routers? What type of router do you have?

Edited by erifash

This is really good erifash!

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Sorta makes me sad in a way.

Don't be sad... :D You'll make me sad! Besides, you did all that work on AutoIt ITS, maybe it is just too complicated for some people to understand (no offense). When I make something simple the topic usually dies in a week or two, then resurfaces a year later, and by that time there are better examples spawned from the same basic idea. :wacko:

It is a very simple process. You just register, and login, and chat. Only the code gets a bit tangly which is going to be documented soon. The original idea was as basic as yours but people still got confused with it.

Updated! I have added an admin feature which acts like a normal user only with the ability to kick other users. The feature is built in to the client so you don't have to be at the server computer to be admin. The server now technically supports 17 users as the last spot is reserved for the admin. To be an admin, for the username type "admin" then it will ask you for the server password which is "qwerty". You may change the password in the server code. The client does *NOT* encrypt the server password when sending it to the server to verify it is correct. Check the first post for the download! :D

Just saw this, I like the admin feature!

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

• 1 month later...

Ohhh i like this! Its to bad I dont understand any of the TCP stuff and you use the Chr(x) alot too I dont get that either :P

I use Chr(1) and Chr(2) to seperate the commands because the user is probably not going to use those characters when chatting.

I have a noob question i've been wondering for a while ...

I know nothing of tcp stuff and iv'e been trying to make my own chat thing :P but what does the port # do exactly? And also, how do I know what to use as a port number or does it matter?

Thanks, Hallman