AU3Chat Server/Client

erifash

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, that helped alot since I was trying to use a port number of 82153 :P So the port can be anything as long as it's between 0 and 65535 right?

Hallman

Usually true, most of the time we try not to have aserver on well known ports like 80, 21, 25, 110, etc because they are HTTP, POP3, FTP, Telnet, etc

very nice job.

why it is limited to 16 user?

for more user it have problem?

ty.

It is limited to 16 users because if there were any more it would be like trying to talk at a concert. :P

Too many users chatting at once leads to server lagging and the edit box would scroll down too fast.

Edited by erifash

• 2 weeks later...

Long time no bump! After recieving many PM's relating to AU3Chat I have decided to start working on it again. :nuke: Here are some of the things you could expect to see in the future:

Private messages open in a seperate window.

Admin password encryption.

Binary file transfer.

Thank you for the ideas and your support on this project! :P

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very busy with school and such, barely having any time to look over the code. It is pretty slow going and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on it. :D

I am actually thinking about starting from scratch :) but using the same ideas from the original code. The new version should contain many comments for those who want to see how it works.

I can't give a definite answer on when the next version will come out as it all depends on how much free time I have. (FYI: Programmers are not vampire slaves! :P )

hi erifash,

great job. well done! i am so glad that u came up with tis program. very very helpful indeed. so easy to use as well.

mind if i suggest something....is it possible to add "$user is typing a message" in the GUI for all to see?

jus a tot. thanks.

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

is it possible to add "$user is typing a message" in the GUI for all to see?

I probably could but I don't see the point. I never really understood why AIM does that either. Does AIM do that when you are in a chat room (multiple people)?

Anyways, I have updated it. I redesigned the login GUI as well as fixed a couple bugs with login issues. I also added RC4 encryption based on Valik's code with a password that changes every ten seconds. I hope you enjoy it! :)

Edited by erifash

• 3 weeks later...

hey,

I'm a huge noob to auto-it. I'm just wondering, would you be able to talk with someone else on a different computer? and what are the requirements to be able to do such a thing?

Awaiting Diablo III..

One of both needs to start the host file. and then both connect with client file to his pc and they can chat :lmao:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i whould really like to thank you for this script, i used it to make my own chat script (mostly i just added alot of stuff to your script, hope you dont mind)

what i have done:

1. added a "Create user" function, and a ban function.

2. xskin to make it look better

3.check if the username and password are correct and the user isent baned or online

4.some .ini files for client and server (Database.ini for server and config.ini for client)

5.made a DB viewer for database.ini

todo:

1.let the user retry to input the correct password if error, so far it freezes so i made it exit the chat :)

2.channels maybe

3.remove the buttons behind the chat when you are in the chat (login button and create user button)

Chat.zip

[font="Impact"]Never fear, I is here.[/font]

• 2 months later...

hi erifash,

i m still using your old version which I am very comfortable with.

how do i set it such that the window auto activates when a new msg is received?

thanks.

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

hi erifash,

i m still using your old version which I am very comfortable with.

how do i set it such that the window auto activates when a new msg is received?

thanks.

replace

Case Else
            If $recv[$i] Then GUICtrlSetData($edit, $recv[$i] & @CRLF, 1)oÝ÷ Û­«­¢+Ø$$
ͱÍ($$%%ÀÌØíÉÙlÀÌØí¥tQ¡¸($$$%U%
ÑɱMÑÑ ÀÌØí¥Ð°ÀÌØíÉÙlÀÌØí¥tµÀì
I1°Ä¤($$$%]¥¹Ñ¥ÙÑ ÀÌØíÕ¤¤($$%¹%

i havent tested it but i think it will work

i whould really like to thank you for this script, i used it to make my own chat script (mostly i just added alot of stuff to your script, hope you dont mind)

what i have done:

1. added a "Create user" function, and a ban function.

2. xskin to make it look better

3.check if the username and password are correct and the user isent baned or online

4.some .ini files for client and server (Database.ini for server and config.ini for client)

5.made a DB viewer for database.ini

todo:

1.let the user retry to input the correct password if error, so far it freezes so i made it exit the chat :whistle:

2.channels maybe

3.remove the buttons behind the chat when you are in the chat (login button and create user button)

Chat.zip

every time i get unable to connect...

every time i get unable to connect...

hmm, are you sure the config files are right?? i havent used this in a while but i think it uses config.ini to read what IP to connect to