Checking Coordinates in SRO?

I'm trying to figure out a decent way to check your current coordinates in SRO via AutoIt. Is there a way that it can read the text of the coordinates, or does reading text only work if it's like actual text and not "an image" of text.

Another route I suppose I could go is having it check for unique numbers, like if you wanted to run to the coordinates 500,500 you'd first have it check if the first number is a 5, then if it's not, depending on what it returns it will either go north or south. The only problem I see with that is how will the bot know which way is which? Heh. I guess you can have it check the pixel for the pointy part of the cursor in the radar, and then have it press left or right depending on where it finds it.

This just seems like it's going to be so fragile and delicate that the macro could very easily just not function and run you into the corner. Not to mention having it get unstuck once it's moving.

I don't know, if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to go about doing this (before I pick up a C++ coding book :D) I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by en5

No, I have a bot running right now. It logs me in, sets up and attacks. Collects items, makes sure I have potions, etc.

I am just now at the point that I'd like it to be able to return to town to repair and restock.

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to figure out a decent way to check your current coordinates in SRO via AutoIt. Is there a way that it can read the text of the coordinates, or does reading text only work if it's like actual text and not "an image" of text.

Another route I suppose I could go is having it check for unique numbers, like if you wanted to run to the coordinates 500,500 you'd first have it check if the first number is a 5, then if it's not, depending on what it returns it will either go north or south. The only problem I see with that is how will the bot know which way is which? Heh. I guess you can have it check the pixel for the pointy part of the cursor in the radar, and then have it press left or right depending on where it finds it.

This just seems like it's going to be so fragile and delicate that the macro could very easily just not function and run you into the corner. Not to mention having it get unstuck once it's moving.

I don't know, if anyone can give me some suggestions on how to go about doing this (before I pick up a C++ coding book :whistle:) I'd greatly appreciate it.

you may want to look into writing an OCR, or adapting one of the ones in the forum.

Wouldn't that be cool if you could use OTR with auto-it ?? http://optical-text-recognition.qarchive.org/ man you could do amazing things like start making AI :whistle: make it read its own code and adjust change and save accordingly lolz anyway if you could you could make it read your x and y placement on map in your SRO game.

yes, the OCR suggestion right before your post was suggesting something similar, there are already some OCR (optical character recognition) scripts on the forum, and plenty have been made for personal use that haven't made it to the forum.

The best way would probably be to find the addresses in memory where it stores the coordinates. Problem with SRO is three things:

• Game Guard probably prevents you from scanning the memory
  • It uses dynamic memory allocation to store these values, so you'll need to find static pointers to the values before you can hard code anything
  • The values are probably floats (just makes searching that little bit harder)
If you can figure out a way around this, then you may have some hope. I'd be figuring out how to disable GG and then use Tsearch or something.