ie.au3

i think i have finally lost it. I can't find IE.au3 anywhere. I thought maybe it came with AutoIT but i dont see it and i dont even get anything useful when i google it. Is there a place i can download it and use it from? thanks.

• Moderators

i think i have finally lost it. I can't find IE.au3 anywhere. I thought maybe it came with AutoIT but i dont see it and i dont even get anything useful when i google it. Is there a place i can download it and use it from? thanks.

It should be in the next beta release, but here is the link for now.

Ok i got it and the beta and im workign with it so thanks for that part. however, now i have a question again. I have a program ( the Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit), which actually runs as an Executable but all it really is is a bunch of web pages that open (which cannot be run individually). Is there a way to use ie.au3 to reference the currently open window instead of launching a window with a page in it. I want to click on links in the setup program but cant find a way to reference the window.

Excellent. thanks.

You'll want to use _IEAttach

Dale

p.s. ObjGet is part of the solution, but requires iterating through a collection of ShellWindows to find what you need. _IEAttach also uses other methods...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I was wondering if that woudl be it. But now i seem to be up against something mroe difficult as i feared. As i mentioned im trying to automate the setup for Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit. The GUI they provide loads as a .hta file. However, _IEAttach always has some problem with finding this once its open, let alone clicking one of the 4 buttons that are in there.

When i check the code below i see it does have "Internet Explorer_Server1" there so i dont understand why i cant interface with it. thanks again.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title:  Profile Manager
Class:  HTML Application Host Window Class
Size:   X: 154  Y: 154  W: 724  H: 289

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 672  Y: 200
Cursor ID:  2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB:    Hex: 0x1A4084   Dec: 1720452

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size:       X: 0    Y: 0    W: 718  H: 264
Control ID: 
ClassNameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
Text:       
Style:      0x56000000
ExStyle:        0x00000000

• Moderators

I was wondering if that woudl be it. But now i seem to be up against something mroe difficult as i feared. As i mentioned im trying to automate the setup for Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit. The GUI they provide loads as a .hta file. However, _IEAttach always has some problem with finding this once its open, let alone clicking one of the 4 buttons that are in there.

When i check the code below i see it does have "Internet Explorer_Server1" there so i dont understand why i cant interface with it. thanks again.

Try this:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach ("Profile Manager", "embedded")

Try this:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IEAttach ("Profile Manager", "embedded")
Worked like a charm. It attached and click on the button. But now, and i feel useless at this point cause i can't seem to get this to play nice with microsoft coding, i cant do the next window. Here's the code, its all convoluded where the code comes from for the page itself because its a jumble of .vbs and .hta files, but i cant even get the autoit to recognize it. It opens, and the _IEattach wont respond until i close it and reopen it for some reason.

I have tried using _IEDocReadHTML and various "getcollection" functions but they all return 0 value for the little page.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title:  User Accounts
Class:  Internet Explorer_TridentDlgFrame
Size:   X: 316  Y: 30   W: 246  H: 185

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 477  Y: 70
Cursor ID:  2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB:    Hex: 0xFFFFFF   Dec: 16777215

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size:       X: 0    Y: 0    W: 240  H: 160
Control ID: 
ClassNameNN:    Internet Explorer_Server1
Text:       
Style:      0x56000000
ExStyle:        0x00000000

Again, thanks for the help. I hate to ask so many questions, but its just seems this application wants to hate me every step of the way. I've even used the ScriptWriter to see what im missing, but it cant automate this window either. Not even a simple {ENTER} when the window pops up and is in focus.

Edited by malchai