Simulated keystroke issue.

I've been attempting to make a script that loops an issue of keystrokes once every 4 or so minutes, but I can't get the program that I need the keys hit to accept it at all, and not even the first command is working.

WinActivate("PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst")

Sleep(4000)

Send("{F4}")

That's what it starts out with, and it's not hitting F4 seemingly at all, I've spent about an hour now trying to figure out the issue. Is it possible that the game blocks simulated keystrokes, or is that even possible at all?

Any input would be very appreciated.

Edited by Vyse

I've been attempting to make a script that loops an issue of keystrokes once every 4 or so minutes, but I can't get the program that I need the keys hit to accept it at all, and not even the first command is working.

WinActivate("PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst")

Sleep(4000)

Send("{F4}")

That's what it starts out with, and it's not hitting F4 seemingly at all, I've spent about an hour now trying to figure out the issue. Is it possible that the game blocks simulated keystrokes, or is that even possible at all?

Any input would be very appreciated.

It sounds like the program is blocking the input. Do a search on nProtect and Game Guard. These are programs that reportedly block simulated input from AutoIt. I've never had to deal with them personally. But if you search for these, if there's a way around it you'll likely find the answer in one of those topics.

Nomad :D

I'm surprised no one pointed this out yet... Sleep("4000") will sleep for 4 seconds... for 4 minutes, you want Sleep("240000")

it's trivial, if the script isn't going to work at all because the keystrokes are being blocked, what does it matter if the sleep value is incorrect? :D

well, the idea was to have it wait 4 seconds until it begins the process, the game is kind of clumsy, and I'd rather it be sure that the game is the selected window without question, hence the 4 seconds.

It must be nProtect blocking it, which seems.. odd to me, because much bigger games don't even attempt to as far as I know, but I'll look into a bypass.

Thanks

well, the idea was to have it wait 4 seconds until it begins the process, the game is kind of clumsy, and I'd rather it be sure that the game is the selected window without question, hence the 4 seconds.

It must be nProtect blocking it, which seems.. odd to me, because much bigger games don't even attempt to as far as I know, but I'll look into a bypass.

Thanks

Different games have different methods. If it's a MMORPG and it's fairly new but doesn't block simulated input, then they likely have more advanced cheat detection methods. Which means they don't care if they block you, they'll just ban you if they feel the cheat you're using is giving you an unfair advantage over other players. :D

Well, the game came out last August, it's made by Sega, and maybe has 1,000 players. They sure care a lot more about it then I thought they do :D

Seriously though, I've pretty much given up on it, this is the first time I've ever tried to do something like this, and from some of the things I've read here, this requires a certain level of coding adequacy that I just can't provide.

Was a worth a shot though.