Form creation

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possibile to create printable forms with AutoIt. I mean as I had an ordering form with blank places, pictures etc. Then I would connect it to MySQL and printing the same ordering form with different personal datas. Have somebody done a similar task ? :D

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possibile to create printable forms with AutoIt. I mean as I had an ordering form with blank places, pictures etc. Then I would connect it to MySQL and printing the same ordering form with different personal datas. Have somebody done a similar task ? :D

Why not just use word/frontpage/excel/other MS office program?

Hi,

If you are comfortable with HTML, you can use IE.au3 and _IEBodyWriteHTML($oIE, $sHTML) and _IEAction($oIE, "print") to accomplish this. If HTML isn't your thing there are probably better ways for you to do it.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

If you are comfortable with HTML, you can use IE.au3 and _IEBodyWriteHTML($oIE, $sHTML) and _IEAction($oIE, "print") to accomplish this. If HTML isn't your thing there are probably better ways for you to do it.

Dale

I'm skilled in Macromedia Flash, and I could do the job in it, but it isn't legal, cos I don't have a legal copy of Flash. I'm actually worried about graphical background: how can I use AND print background together with other data ?

Why not just use word/frontpage/excel/other MS office program?

Unfortunatelly, I hate MS products, and I doubt any intelligent being would use MS Office, Internet Explorer, and other junks instead of OpenOffice and its fellow programs. I'm using AutoIt cos 95% of the world is Windows addicted. I prefer Linux, but it is only for the "gourmands"

Unfortunatelly, I hate MS products, and I doubt any intelligent being would use MS Office, Internet Explorer, and other junks instead of OpenOffice and its fellow programs. I'm using AutoIt cos 95% of the world is Windows addicted. I prefer Linux, but it is only for the "gourmands"

If you choose a different path, no problem - but save us the self-righteous crap. It's pretty rude to ask for help and then to insult those who went out of their way to try to provide it to you.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I could care less about your oppinion of microsoft, i'm just saying that because you're too "unique" :D to use MS office programs, you're overcomplicating you're request

its like trying to make a photo slide show in autoit, with fade effects and the whole nine yards, it would require you to define and locate every position and movent geting pixel locations and probably Megs of code, while in like 2 hours with powerpoint you could have it done.

And you were calling me "Not-Intelligent" for using a more simple method of getting the same thing accomplished. HA! :D

Just because "95% of the population" (assuming that statistic wasn't just pulled out of you're ass :wacko: ) uses a product, doesn't make it crappy, or bad, or anything. In fact, Usually, if so many people like it, it probably has some benefit.

Personally, i prefer linux too, but that doesn't mean i have the right to act all high and mighty and look down on the people who don't seem to feel the same as i do

So go ahead, do 3 times the work you're loss not mine

and umm congrats you just made my list of "People to Never help with future Autoit Problems"

Clean up your act if you want respect, don't just act "leet"

Edited by Paulie

and umm congrats you just made my list of "People to Never help with future Autoit Problems"

I was going to help too. But uh. After reading that, he also made my list.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I was going to help too. But uh. After reading that, he also made my list.

aww firestorm don't not help people because of me, (or did you mean after reading what he said in which case nvm)

After reading what he said. Although you brought up some good points.

I just have to post this also :D I know he said he uses Linux but wth.

->CLICKY!!<-

Edited by Firestorm

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I apologize for my bad behavior, and insulting words, but still, I doubt in the superior value of programs you have to pay for. So for better to understand I LIKE:

-Opera ( vs. IE)

-Open Office ( vs. MS Office)

-Zip Genius ( vs. Winrar)

-Inkscape ( vs. CorelDraw)

-Gimp (AdobePhotoshop)

-FastStone Image viewer (ACDSee)

-DiscLib( WhereIsIt)

-Scribus (AdobeAcrobat)

And of course AutoIt (Delphi,...)

I recommend to try these stuff and I'm sure you will agree, Microsoft is far from being the best and only solution. Linux is still a bit difficult, but I would bet that Mr. Gates will have big troubles within 10 years.

I liked the joke presented about Mac. It's still the situation with Linux but times are changing!

Once more I apologize myself, I didn't mean to call you "non-intelligent", It's just because I really don't like PowerPoint, Word...I like AutoIt because of the freedom of creation, and the .EXE extension at the end of the story. MS is just bussiness and nothing more, AutoIt is an art. :D

I apologize for my bad behavior, and insulting words, but still

But still you feel justified in delivering a lecture. Strike two.

Dale

Yes, still I think that people are blindly following the MS regime. That's a fact in my opinion, and nobody should feel himself insulted on account of it. The other question is how do I came to this point of view. I had awfull experiences with IE, and with my weak broadband connection I can feel the difference between Opera and IE. You may live in a better e-environment, but for me that's the reality. Strike three.

Strike three.

Couldn't have put it better.

Dale

I apologize for my bad behavior, and insulting words, but still, I doubt in the superior value of programs you have to pay for. So for better to understand I LIKE:

-Opera ( vs. IE)

-Open Office ( vs. MS Office)

-Zip Genius ( vs. Winrar)

-Inkscape ( vs. CorelDraw)

-Gimp (AdobePhotoshop)

-FastStone Image viewer (ACDSee)

-DiscLib( WhereIsIt)

-Scribus (AdobeAcrobat)

And of course AutoIt (Delphi,...)

I recommend to try these stuff and I'm sure you will agree, Microsoft is far from being the best and only solution. Linux is still a bit difficult, but I would bet that Mr. Gates will have big troubles within 10 years.

I liked the joke presented about Mac. It's still the situation with Linux but times are changing!

Once more I apologize myself, I didn't mean to call you "non-intelligent", It's just because I really don't like PowerPoint, Word...I like AutoIt because of the freedom of creation, and the .EXE extension at the end of the story. MS is just bussiness and nothing more, AutoIt is an art. :wacko:

This is directed at the quote, not at the previous post :D

Thats a nice way to clean up your act, and perhaps maybe get some respect, so maybe people wont thiink of you as an ass who thinks he knows everything :D

Edited by Paulie

Yes, still I think that people are blindly following the MS regime. That's a fact in my opinion, and nobody should feel himself insulted on account of it. The other question is how do I came to this point of view. I had awfull experiences with IE, and with my weak broadband connection I can feel the difference between Opera and IE. You may live in a better e-environment, but for me that's the reality. Strike three.

Penguin says... people (like me) come to this forum to talk about using AutoIT, which is an excellent scripting environment for MS Windows (even runs in WINE). They don't come here for fan-boy preaching on anything pro or anti, MS or OSS.

I don't have Windows on any of my own boxes any more, but it's on every box at work that I don't have total control over (and one that I do), that's just life. Though I would probably agree with some of your choices, like OOo over MS Office, your attitude about it and what that says about your little corner of the OSS community sucks. Knock it off. :wacko:

If you don't want an answer that involves calls to MS Office apps, tell us about the options for scripted calls to OOo. If you don't like the idea of using Dale Holm's excelent IE.au3, then tell us about your UDF for calls to Firefox or Opera to get the same thing done. Many people like myself would be genuinely interested in seeing it.

Even the best causes can be made to look bad by intemperent attitudes and over-zealous speachifying...

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

...but it is only for the "gourmands"

also, what does that have to do with anything? do you even know what that means?

if i'm not mistaken, doesn't "gourmand" mean "gluttinous eater" or "a lover of food"?

WTF does that have to do with anything, are you once again trying to act like you know everything by useing big words totally unrelated to the subject?

or was there a connection that was supposed to be there but I missed?

Strike Three

You're OUT!!

Edited by Paulie

QUOTE(Meszaros Csaba @ Jul 8 2006, 05:28 AM)

I apologize for my bad behavior, and insulting words, but still

That's the problem with you Americans, you think you can striking where you want to (politically, military), and when you get a returning ball, you're crying like a child. I think we went too far. I'm quitting this discussion, cos I don't want to offend more people.

Use IE.au3 like dale said, that should get yuo what you want :D