How to hide a Object..

Hi,

how can i hide the shell.explorer.2 object if it is build in a gui?

Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

Won't GuiCtrlSetSate work for objects?

Edit: No, it doesn't...

Edited by marfdaman

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried that too but the problem is that peethebee had a idea with a label that is created over the controll but my gui has a background pic and its almost the same like an unhidden controll

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Scripts : _Encrypt UDF_UniquePCCode UDF MS like calculatorInstall programm *UPDATED* --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[quote name='Helge' post='213117' date='Jul 26 2006, 10:22 AM']Have you ever tried surfing the internet with a milk-carton ?This is similar to what you're trying to do.[/quote]

What I'd do in your case, is the following:

• "Cut" out the part of your background pic which must cover the object using PS whatever;
  • When you want to hide the object, GuiCtrlCreatePic the cut out picture and place it over the object;
  • Move the mouse instantly to the edge of the pic, so it is drawn over the object (only if necessary);
  • When unhiding the control, simply GuiCtrlSetState(@SW_HIDE) the pic.
This will, if done correctly, make it seem like the contro is hidden, while it's just under your pic, which is made i such a way that is seems to be just the background pic.

Alzo

Don't take my pic to serious...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You Looked, but you did not see!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The problem is that the background pic can be choosen by the "user" and he can add his own pics as a background pic too

The problem is that the background pic can be choosen by the "user" and he can add his own pics as a background pic too

Well, in that case, there goes my solution :D

yes hm but maybe we can do it with calling the pic and then getting the pixel resolution of it

Dividing it to get the pixels for the area where the object is ?

Would that be possible?

Perhaps it is, but that's not within my abilities unfortunately...

Same here but if i got time i will try it^^