Controlling/getting info from a TListbox

I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to this, ive done my fair share of autoit scripting over the past year but when you start having to use dllcalls and pointers I forget everything I learnt in computer science.

Im trying to get some text, or ANY kind of control over what I think is a delphi created control, the Autoit UI detector thingy reports it as a 'TListBox' (in the particular case its called TListBox3 as there are 2 others). None of the beta commands nor my attempts to send commands via sendmessage seem to affect it. The only thing I've managed to do is get it to delete items from the tlistbox, insertion doesnt seem to do anything.

Ive seen a few other references to similar delphi-related problems elsewhere on the forum, is it impossible to interact in any way with these controls because they aren't implemented correctly for the win API? Its so frustrating because I've tried throwing every command I can find at the thing and its completely unresponsive!!

For reference incase anyone else has the proggy, its the server browser for San Andres:Multiplayer, i'm trying to create a sort of 'friends list' that simply runs down available servers, takes all the data from the tlistboxes and searches through it. If I could only get the data then I could handle the rest myself easily!

I'm a bit out of my depth when it comes to this, ive done my fair share of autoit scripting over the past year but when you start having to use dllcalls and pointers I forget everything I learnt in computer science.

Im trying to get some text, or ANY kind of control over what I think is a delphi created control, the Autoit UI detector thingy reports it as a 'TListBox' (in the particular case its called TListBox3 as there are 2 others). None of the beta commands nor my attempts to send commands via sendmessage seem to affect it. The only thing I've managed to do is get it to delete items from the tlistbox, insertion doesnt seem to do anything.

Ive seen a few other references to similar delphi-related problems elsewhere on the forum, is it impossible to interact in any way with these controls because they aren't implemented correctly for the win API? Its so frustrating because I've tried throwing every command I can find at the thing and its completely unresponsive!!

For reference incase anyone else has the proggy, its the server browser for San Andres:Multiplayer, i'm trying to create a sort of 'friends list' that simply runs down available servers, takes all the data from the tlistboxes and searches through it. If I could only get the data then I could handle the rest myself easily!

I don't know if your 'TListBox' is a case of this, but some controls are custom creations that AutoIT cannot interact with. That leaves you with MouseClick() on certain X/Y coordinates, hoping Send() works, etc. Ran into this with scripting ColdFusion MX install. All of the dialogs are ColdFusion windows and fairly resistant to scripting... :D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I guessed as much, im just amazed that they cant be interacted with even with straight DLL calls, I suppose the sendmessage API is intended for stuff thats compliant to the windows gui. Just annoying that I managed to get it to delete rows through sendmessage and it looks exactly the bloody same as any other listbox!

My experience with TListboxes is extremely frustrating. I posted a subject a while back and on several searches in the forum, the subject keeps coming back at some point or another.

Most people advised me to just send keystrokes to the damn control, but that was useless if the items change from one TfriggingListBox to the next!

I remember the last attempt at automation of TListfriggingBoxes I even tried capturing the relevant control to a graphic file and ocr the file so I could read the text.

So, if you do come out with a neat solution, I'd be really grateful if you could post it.

IVAN