reading from ini

I'm making a bot here which makes use of a INI-file. some parameters need to be filled in to get the bot working.

I'm already so far that he will read the ini's and do the necessary action.

Now I want to build in a function that if they didn't fill in the information in the ini file that they would get a box where they need to write the info.

1) input is mandatory and are numbers from 1-8. how can I let it loop if they type something else?

2) how can I make my script pause if necessary? I can't find a working solution...it pauses, but doesn't resume where it paused...

3) how can I verify the password that is entered if they didn't fill it in in the ini?

$password = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "password", "default")
$type = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "type", "default")
$char = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "char", "default")
$location = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "location", "default")
if $password="" then $password = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "ENTER PASSWORD FOR YOUR ACCOUNT", "", " M" , 240, 115)
if $type="" then $type = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "OPEN OR CLOSED INTERNET?", "", " M" , 240, 115)
if $char="" then $char = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "ENTER CHARACTER TO USE FOR QUEST", "", " M" , 240, 115)
if $location="" then $location = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "LOCATION OF CHARACTER ON MATRIX?", "", " M" , 240, 115)

• Developers

you are setting the Variable to "Default" when theres nothing in the INI.

You need something like:

$password = IniRead( @scriptdir & "\sacred.ini", "startup", "password", "")
While $password="" 
    $password = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "ENTER PASSWORD FOR YOUR ACCOUNT", "", " M" , 240, 115)
    If @error Then Exit  ; cancel/closed clicked
WEnd
Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

it doesn't need to exit, it just needs to ask that line again

EDIT: problem 2 solved.

working on number 1 and 3

this is kinda what I need. but it still asks it only twice if the correct answer is not filled in.

While $type=""
    $type = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "OPEN OR CLOSED INTERNET?", "", " M" , 240, 115)
    if $type= not "open" or "closed" then $type = InputBox ( "Sacred bot " & $Version, "OPEN OR CLOSED INTERNET?", "", " M" , 240, 115)
WEnd

the answer to the line is "open" or "closed" and otherwise it needs a continuesloop

Edited by Overlord

While 1
    $type = InputBox("Sacred bot " & $Version, "OPEN OR CLOSED INTERNET?", "", " M", 240, 115)
    If StringInStr($type, "open") Or StringInStr($type, "closed") Then ExitLoop
WEnd

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

gafrost,...

I COULD KISS YOU!!!!

thx man, this was really what I needed.

one question tho:

since my inpust must be the numbers 1 to 8 is there a other way to code this?

If StringInStr($location, "1") Or StringInStr($location, "2") Or StringInStr($location, "3") Or StringInStr($location, "4") Or StringInStr($location, "5") Or StringInStr($location, "6") Or StringInStr($location, "7") Or StringInStr($location, "8") Then ExitLoop

thx again gafrost.

U'r added to the credits list also!