Cannot read table field

Hi!

I'm haveing troubles with reading data from table in my program. The table is not editable and i can select only the whole row. I'm trying to read data stored in its fields with WinGetText function but it does'nt work. Please help me!

• Moderators

Hi!

I'm haveing troubles with reading data from table in my program. The table is not editable and i can select only the whole row. I'm trying to read data stored in its fields with WinGetText function but it does'nt work. Please help me!

Welcome to the forum...

[CrystalBall]I see someone saying in your near future... "That certainly isn't enough information to help anyone, would be nice if we knew what the program is and what your script so far is."..."I see you chasing your tail on this one."[/CrystalBall]

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hello

Welcome to the forum...

[CrystalBall]I see someone saying in your near future... "That certainly isn't enough information to help anyone, would be nice if we knew what the program is and what your script so far is."..."I see you chasing your tail on this one."[/CrystalBall]

It's very simple program writtem by my friend. Sorry - I can't give it to public. It contains a filled table. I want to check if there is some information I know there should be. But... at the begining i found it difficult to read that data. This table is not editable - i cannot change its fields and i cannot select one cell - only whole rows are allowed. That's all information I have and a can give you. This program is written in Visual .net

• Moderators

Hello

It's very simple program writtem by my friend. Sorry - I can't give it to public. It contains a filled table. I want to check if there is some information I know there should be. But... at the begining i found it difficult to read that data. This table is not editable - i cannot change its fields and i cannot select one cell - only whole rows are allowed. That's all information I have and a can give you. This program is written in Visual .net

Well then sounds like you need your friends support forum... Good Luck.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

So... there's no way to do that in AutoIt ?

Not when we don't understand what it is your doing... I mean c'mon, you go to the doctors office, do you want him to just look at you and say you need heart surgery, or do you want him to do all the test necessary to determine what specifically would make you better (maybe just an asprin?)...

The question your asking could be alot of things, so the best your going to get is alot of ASSumptions and maybe just maybe someone leads you in the right direction after 50 tries... then we will see "No that's not what """"I"""" want" (that's really annoying) or "That doesn't work" until then. It's just not worth the virutal space to try and figure it out for "you" if your not willing to provide any of the pertinent information to help you IMHO.

But don't fret... you'll get people in here that love to answer questions I won't, and will love to try and figure out an out of the air solution for you.

Just 1 question, if you know the person ("a friend made"), why not get him to either "A" tell you exactly what you need to look for, or "B" re-write it so it is easier to get the information.

Edit:

I'll take the first guess:

When you activate the column you want then:

$GetText = ControlGetText('AppName', '', ControlID)
MsgBox(64, 'Info', $GetText)

GL

Edited by SmOke_N

Not when we don't understand what it is your doing... I mean c'mon, you go to the doctors office, do you want him to just look at you and say you need heart surgery, or do you want him to do all the test necessary to determine what specifically would make you better (maybe just an asprin?)...

The question your asking could be alot of things, so the best your going to get is alot of ASSumptions and maybe just maybe someone leads you in the right direction after 50 tries... then we will see "No that's not what """"I"""" want" (that's really annoying) or "That doesn't work" until then. It's just not worth the virutal space to try and figure it out for "you" if your not willing to provide any of the pertinent information to help you IMHO.

But don't fret... you'll get people in here that love to answer questions I won't, and will love to try and figure out an out of the air solution for you.

Just 1 question, if you know the person ("a friend made"), why not get him to either "A" tell you exactly what you need to look for, or "B" re-write it so it is easier to get the information.

I understand - you're right!

I wonder if my problem is simmilar to reading data from excel cells - you can't see data stored there with wingettext function but i'm sure it's possible to read that data. Do you know how to read it ? Maybe it will help me solving my problem :D

Hi!

ControlListView($main_window_title, "", "WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app31", "GetText", 1, 3)

was what i was looking for :D thanks for patience.

i've got another question - do you know how to read column names form ListView ?

[EDIT]

i mean.. My header has ClassNameNN: SysHeader321

It there a function which can give me its items ?

Edited by wodzuu