Can AutoIT do what I want?

I would like to do the following and AutoIT seems a likely candidate. Any pointers or suggestions as to the best way to do it are greatly appreciated.

AutoIT would either start or monitor an existing, complex CAD program. Certain text entry dialog boxes would have ALL the text entered change to ALL CAPS (a drafting standard), while all other text would be entered into lower case UNLESS the Shift key is pressed.

Although the targetted CAD app does have a VBA interface, it is not really possible to do what I want with that alone unless I wanted to re-program ALL the dialog boxes with replacement ones, and if I could do that, it would be very cumbersome to say the least.

TIA,

Bob

Hi,

should be possible. You have to check whether the ControlCommands work with the app, otherwise it would be a bit more difficult.

Good luck!

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

should be possible. You have to check whether the ControlCommands work with the app, otherwise it would be a bit more difficult.

Good luck!

So long,

Mega

Agreed...if you are able to work with the program controls, then it should be possible. Most newer apps should be okay, in my experience. It is likely that there is a workaround, if not, but as Mega said, it could be difficult.

If you are not already familiar with the AutoIt Window Tool, then there may be a good starting point in finding the App Controls.

Good Luck!