IE UDFs and using _IETableWriteToArray

Hi all ,

I have a script set up that is working fantastically with my english-language data in tables. However, my script does not hold (or perhaps does not output) correctly the data when it is in Asian-language characters. A msgbox debug outputs question marks instead of the corresponding language when testing.

Here is some sample code:

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, 1)

$ClassTable = _IETableWriteToArray ($oTable)

The remainder of the code (functional) is likely unnecessary since it is working with English. Any thoughts/suggestions from those who have run into this problem?

Thank you!

Hi all ,

I have a script set up that is working fantastically with my english-language data in tables. However, my script does not hold (or perhaps does not output) correctly the data when it is in Asian-language characters. A msgbox debug outputs question marks instead of the corresponding language when testing.

Here is some sample code:

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, 1)

$ClassTable = _IETableWriteToArray ($oTable)

The remainder of the code (functional) is likely unnecessary since it is working with English. Any thoughts/suggestions from those who have run into this problem?

Thank you!

I'm hoping you'll find this topic helpful:

Functions for Ascii, Unicode, and UTF8 encoding, Using MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte API

I searched the forum for Unicode...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thank you for the reply Dale - I too found that topic, and sadly, it did not work.

I guess it's convenient that you responded to my post, as my difficulty surrounds the contents of a _IETableWriteToArray. Where would I use the conversion functions? When reading in the sourceHTML? Before writing the array? I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks so much!

I'm hoping you'll find this topic helpful:

Functions for Ascii, Unicode, and UTF8 encoding, Using MultiByteToWideChar and WideCharToMultiByte API

I searched the forum for Unicode...

Dale

Edited by dgdx27c

Thank you for the reply Dale - I too found that topic, and sadly, it did not work.

I guess it's convenient that you responded to my post, as my difficulty surrounds the contents of a _IETableWriteToArray. Where would I use the conversion functions? When reading in the sourceHTML? Before writing the array? I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks so much!

I'm sorry, I just don't have any experience here. You might also want to check this

What I don't know is wheterh you are actually reading unicode off of the webpage and AutoIt cannot deal with it or whether it is just a MsgBox that cannot display it or???

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Looking at the encoding tab of IE when looking at my page (Korean output), the encoding is set at Korean (EUC), and Unicode is NOT checked. Similarly, one of my other pages (Chinese output), has the following encoding: Chinese Simplified (GB2312).

I have enabled language support for both Korean and Chinese in my Windows region settings, and have no problem copy/pasting and reading these characters in other applications (notepad, etc.) Please note that when copying these characters into Scite, they appear as question marks, much like the output generated when running a compiled AutoIt app. The msgbox displays question marks, apparently unable to display the text.

Hmmmm...

I'm sorry, I just don't have any experience here. You might also want to check this

What I don't know is wheterh you are actually reading unicode off of the webpage and AutoIt cannot deal with it or whether it is just a MsgBox that cannot display it or???

Dale

Just bumping this along as I still have not come up with a workaround (or an answer).

Thanks.

Looking at the encoding tab of IE when looking at my page (Korean output), the encoding is set at Korean (EUC), and Unicode is NOT checked. Similarly, one of my other pages (Chinese output), has the following encoding: Chinese Simplified (GB2312).

I have enabled language support for both Korean and Chinese in my Windows region settings, and have no problem copy/pasting and reading these characters in other applications (notepad, etc.) Please note that when copying these characters into Scite, they appear as question marks, much like the output generated when running a compiled AutoIt app. The msgbox displays question marks, apparently unable to display the text.

Hmmmm...

Just bumping this along as I still have not come up with a workaround (or an answer).

Thanks.

You might want to break this down to figure out the source of the trouble. Is it IE.au3? Is it IE? Is it AutoIt?

You may want to use the Asc function to examine the ASCII codes of the characters in the string.

You may want to select/copy some text and then use ClipGet to see what you get.

You may want to paste text into another application that displays it properly and then retrieve it from there with AutoIt to see what you get.

You might want to create a test in VBScript instead of AutoIt to see what it does...

Dale

Very good suggestions -

thank you for your time and assistance Dale, I greatly appreciate it.

You might want to break this down to figure out the source of the trouble. Is it IE.au3? Is it IE? Is it AutoIt?

You may want to use the Asc function to examine the ASCII codes of the characters in the string.

You may want to select/copy some text and then use ClipGet to see what you get.

You may want to paste text into another application that displays it properly and then retrieve it from there with AutoIt to see what you get.

You might want to create a test in VBScript instead of AutoIt to see what it does...

Dale