AutoIt Snippets Database

big_daddy

• Moderators

This site allows you to browse, search, and submit all your favorite snippets. The snippets are displayed with syntax highlighting just as they are with the [autoit] code boxes here. They are (and will remain) organized into categories based on their function. If you wish to add a category please use the same naming scheme.

There were a few people already interested in this, so I decided to create a theme that looks very similar to the default theme on this site. Hope youll use and enjoy it!

AutoIt Snippets Database

Note: I will leave the "autoit" username active for a few days, but please register your own to keep your snippets safe.

Edited by big_daddy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This site allows you to browse, search, and submit all your favorite snippets. The snippets are displayed with syntax highlighting just as they are here with the [autoit] code boxes here. They are (and will remain) organized into categories based on their function.

There were a few people already interested in this, so I decided to create a theme that looks very similar to the default theme on this site. Hope youll use and enjoy it!

AutoIt Snippets Database

Note: Username and password are both "autoit".

Nice.... :D

big_daddy,

This is really great! :D

It is even better than what I had originally thought would be helpful because it is online.

Thanks,

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

• Moderators

An idea: When entering a new snippet, there should be an optional field for 'forum link', so the author can link back to his original post in scripts and scraps.

Love the site.

cheers

Glad you all like it!

Great idea syberschmo, I'll work on it tommorow.

Glad you all like it!

Great idea syberschmo, I'll work on it tommorow.

Another idea = take out the user info as a person could change the password - maybe have a registration like this forum.

Love the idea.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

:wacko: That is very cool.

Although sadly since it's not part of the AutoIT web site I don't know if I'll use it cause I don't know if it's going to be permanant.

I will stay with GAFrosts csnippet for now. but if this thing really hits main streem or if Jon maybe integrates it or something like it into the Autoit web site then I'll be more than happy to upload all my snippets. :D

Mike

:wacko: That is very cool.

Although sadly since it's not part of the AutoIT web site I don't know if I'll use it cause I don't know if it's going to be permanant.

I will stay with GAFrosts csnippet for now. but if this thing really hits main streem or if Jon maybe integrates it or something like it into the Autoit web site then I'll be more than happy to upload all my snippets. :D

Mike

How does something become mainstream?, by people using it of course. I'm not sure why you cannot contribute without entering into some lifelong commitment, this would definitely help the longevity and usefullness of the site.

<3

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

• Moderators

Another idea = take out the user info as a person could change the password - maybe have a registration like this forum.

Love the idea.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

You can now register your own username and password from the login page. This keeps all your snippets safe from being deleted or modified by other users!

As far as the links go, for right now you can add a link with this format. However I do plan on adding a new field for a link, but it may take me a day or two.

<a href="www.where-ever.com">Your Displayed Text</a>

• Moderators

Nice Idea BD... Are you wanting peeps to sign up? I noticed you didn't have to be logged in to use it. The syntax coloring is much nicer there than this board IMHO.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• Moderators

Nice Idea BD... Are you wanting peeps to sign up? I noticed you didn't have to be logged in to use it. The syntax coloring is much nicer there than this board IMHO.

Thanks Smoke! You can browse the database without being logged in, however if you wish to add to the database (which is the goal here) you must register a username and signin. This just keeps other people from being able to delete or modify your snippets. I dislike the gray variables on this board myself, if you use Firefox you can specify your own css styles to your liking.

@WTS - Yes I believe AutoItKing has a site similar to this, but I felt his was lacking in several places so I setup this one.

Yes, indeed very good. The AutoIt theme design is tremendous. Only just viewed this but, I must say, looking for some code of interest, then this is catagorized so nicely.

If managed to continue with such a tidy layout, must give my devoted blessing. I have always considered good UDFs shared shared online, better then creating your own collection on local storage as it is shared once for all.

:D

I love the idea. I love the site. Excellent work!

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Moderators

Yes, indeed very good. The AutoIt theme design is tremendous. Only just viewed this but, I must say, looking for some code of interest, then this is catagorized so nicely.

If managed to continue with such a tidy layout, must give my devoted blessing. I have always considered good UDFs shared shared online, better then creating your own collection on local storage as it is shared once for all.

:D

Thanks MHz! I do plan to keep it organized, however if it gets to be too much I may need some help. I totally agree having them online is better, gafrost has already added some great snippets.

@JSThePatriot - Thanks a lot!

The "Add Code" button on the main menu now works rather than giving the error message. Just don't forget to choose the appropriate category; "Windows/GUI Snippets" is the default.

Edit: spelling

Edited by big_daddy