Phone Number manager

Skrip

Run it, read the instructions in the input box.

You can store phone numbers on it. It will help me out alot, hope it helps you.

Will add the function so you can see all the numbers stored next version.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

I like the idea of this. I changed it to use arrays, it saves all records to file when it closes and opens them when it starts.

#include <array.au3>
Global $name, $number, $names[1], $numbers[1]
$initest = IniReadSectionNames(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini")
If _ArraySearch($initest, "Names", 1) <> -1 Then
    $num = IniReadSection(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", "Names")
    For $i = 1 To $num[0][0]
        _ArrayAdd($names, IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", "Names", $i, "empty"))
        _ArrayAdd($numbers, IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", "Numbers", $i, "empty"))
    Next
EndIf

main()

Func main()

While 1
        $name = InputBox("Phone Number Finder", "Please enter the name of the person..." & @LF & "Type /add to enter a number" & @LF & "Type /remove to remove an entered number")
        If @error = 1 Then
            Exit
        Else
            If $name = "/add" Then
                _add()
            ElseIf $name = "/remove" Then
                _remove()
            ElseIf $name <> "/add" or "/remove" Then
                _read()
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>main

Func _add()
    Local $add_p = InputBox("Add A Phone Number", "Please enter the phone number you want to add.")
    If @error Then Return
    Local $add_n = InputBox("Add A Name", "Please enter the name of the person whose number you just entered.")
    If @error Then Return
;~  IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", $add_n, $add_n, $add_p)
    _ArrayAdd($numbers, $add_p)
    _ArrayAdd($names, $add_n)
    MsgBox(0, "Number Added", "Name and number added to database.")
EndFunc   ;==>_add

Func _read()
;~  Local $number_m = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", $name, $name, $name & " not found.")
    $pos = _ArraySearch($names, $name)
    If Not @error Then
        MsgBox(0, "Number", $numbers[$pos])
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "Number", "Name not found")
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_read

Func _remove()
    Local $remove_n = InputBox("Remove A Phone Number", "Please enter the name you want to remove.")
    If @error Then Return
    $pos = _ArraySearch($names, $remove_n)
    If Not @error Then
        _ArrayDelete($names, $pos)
        _ArrayDelete($numbers, $pos)
    EndIf
    ;~  IniDelete(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", $remove_n)
    MsgBox(0, "Removed", "The phone number of " & $remove_n & " has been removed.")
EndFunc

Func OnAutoItExit()
    For $i = 1 To UBound($names) - 1
        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", "Names", $i, $names[$i])
        IniWrite(@ScriptDir & "\Numbers.ini", "Numbers", $i, $numbers[$i])
    Next
EndFunc
Edited by RazerM
My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

Not bad, I might find this usefull, but

I have a few sugestions for inprovement

• Instead of using .ini files, try doing something with normal .txt files.
  • To view all the phone numbers, make a "listview" GUI
  • make a GUI that allows you to do everything in 1 or 2 windows
Why?

1- Ini files have a size limit, and are therefore not useful for storing large amounts of data, this couldn't hold 50 numbers and names.

2- I made a previous program that list statments from a text file, then puts it in a listview, it would suit you PERFECT. and it will also be able to show names numbers and any other useful info you might be so inclined as to store

3- It'll clean up your program, i don't like having to type and click over and over just to enter a name, make the input controls in the gui so there aren't so many windows

EDIT:

Aww razer you beat me

Edited by Paulie

@Paulie

I have an ini file created with AutoIt that contains 224908 keys, which is far enough for phone number entries

My Programs:AInstall - Create a standalone installer for your programUnit Converter - Converts Length, Area, Volume, Weight, Temperature and Pressure to different unitsBinary Clock - Hours, minutes and seconds have 10 columns each to display timeAutoIt Editor - Code Editor with Syntax Highlighting.Laserix Editor & Player - Create, Edit and Play Laserix LevelsLyric Syncer - Create and use Synchronised Lyrics.Connect 4 - 2 Player Connect 4 Game (Local or Online!, Formatted Chat!!)MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, Tiger and Whirlpool Hash Finder - Dictionary and Brute Force FindCool Text Client - Create Rendered ImageMy UDF's:GUI Enhance - Enhance your GUIs visually.IDEA File Encryption - Encrypt and decrypt files easily! File Rename - Rename files easilyRC4 Text Encryption - Encrypt text using the RC4 AlgorithmPrime Number - Check if a number is primeString Remove - remove lots of strings at onceProgress Bar - made easySound UDF - Play, Pause, Resume, Seek and Stop.

GJ RazerM

I'll work off of that. I've never really worked with arrays before.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]