forum problem?

I noticed on my PC when I use the back button, it doesn't work. When I click the dropdown becide the back button, I see a long list of http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/style repeating over and over. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm forced to use IE for it is my employer's rig, so I'm stuck with what they give me. I know I could use Firefox, but they scan for software, so I could get :D if I tried.

i also got a weird problem on my pc at home. If i click the back button it keeps popping back to the same page :D

While at work it does go back. I never had this problem before at home but i tried deleting cache, relogin, etc.

...I'm forced to use IE...

1. What version of IE are you forced to use?

(as in - 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

2. What happens when you press Alt-Left arrow?

(after you have some history to go back to)

When I click the down arrow beside the "back button", I see a list of topic titles... lucky me.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

To change what version of IE my employer provides is not a option. It is version 6, but other than that, I can't tell you. I'm also not allowed to patch it, fix it, change it, nada. (I'm putting this in bold for people seem not to read my first post....the firefox comment) It is what I'm stuck with. Telling me to change it won't change the fact I'm not allowed to. I just wanted to find out if others were having a issue with the back button on the toolbar.

I used to not have this problem until recently. I was wondering if Jon updated the forum, and this is causing the issue.

Edited by vollyman

To change what version of IE my employer provides is not a option...

I did not ask you to change anything.

To answer the question in your OP:

"Is this happening to anyone else?"

The answer is yes.

I was able to make it happen and make it stop.

I noticed on my PC when I use the back button, it doesn't work. When I click the dropdown becide the back button, I see a long list of http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/style repeating over and over. Is this happening to anyone else? I'm forced to use IE for it is my employer's rig, so I'm stuck with what they give me. I know I could use Firefox, but they scan for software, so I could get :D if I tried.

To change what version of IE my employer provides is not a option. It is version 6, but other than that, I can't tell you. I'm also not allowed to patch it, fix it, change it, nada. (I'm putting this in bold for people seem not to read my first post....the firefox comment) It is what I'm stuck with. Telling me to change it won't change the fact I'm not allowed to. I just wanted to find out if others were having a issue with the back button on the toolbar.

I used to not have this problem until recently. I was wondering if Jon updated the forum, and this is causing the issue.

Who is your employer? Also, like Skruge said, if you can use a usb drive, then try http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/brow...ortable_firefox

This is straight from the documentation:

File / Directories Created - A directory (%userprofile%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox) is created on the local machine (if Firefox is not installed locally) and a pluginreg.dat file is created within it that contains a list of the plugins used by Firefox (like Flash, etc). This is a limitation of Firefox (see Bug 272983) You can alleviate that by setting a userprofile path as outlined in the launcher's readme.txt.

Portable firefox doesn't make modifications to the machine that it is used on, except for the above. It runs off the drive and is specifically designed not to leave stuff on the machine that it was run on.

I use it all the time at school because IE sucks. :wacko:

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

How about a simple HTML webpage? :D

Here's the code:

<a href="java script:history.back(1)">BACK</a>
<iframe src="http:\\www.autoitscript.com\forum\" height=100% width=100%></iframe>

Enjoy!

#)

Note: If your browser has this bar that asks you to enable active content, enable it.

Edit: Hopefully it works for you coz my browser does not have any of these kinds of problems any more for some reason...

Edited by nfwu

...I was able to make it happen and make it stop.

I failed to mention that I had not isolated the steps that made it stop... just that I could make it come and go depending on how I "surfed" (where I clicked - the "Next Newest" link vs. navigating back to the forum list of topics each time)... I may not get a chance to test again as (like Jon) my systems do not do this.