Installation sequence

hi

i'm using autoit to install a series of apps (i'm trying) i'm running into this problem

how do i insure that the installations are performed in sequence because as it is right now i have the first 2 going at the same time which causes one install to freeze.

thank you in advance for your help

hi

i'm using autoit to install a series of apps (i'm trying) i'm running into this problem

how do i insure that the installations are performed in sequence because as it is right now i have the first 2 going at the same time which causes one install to freeze.

thank you in advance for your help

Not knowing how you are executing you installers, but assuming you may be using run("install.exe")

you can try runwait("install.exe") which according to the helpfile pauses script until program finished.

HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

Not knowing how you are executing you installers, but assuming you may be using run("install.exe")

you can try runwait("install.exe") which according to the helpfile pauses script until program finished.

HardCopy

thanks

here is the code using the Runwait

Am i not using it the right way?

RunWait("T:\Software\VisualStudio\VS.Net\setup\setup.exe /qn /k ************REBOOT=ReallySuppress", "T:\Software\VisualStudio\VS.Net\setup")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 Setup - Start Page")

send("a")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{SPACE}")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect 2003 Setup - Options Page")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{TAB}")

send("{SPACE}")

Sleep(180000)

;this line installs VSS silently

;///////////////////////////////////

Runwait("T:\Software\VisualStudio\VS.Net\VSS\smsinst.exe /k 3353353356 REBOOT=ReallySuppress", "T:\Software\VisualStudio\VS.Net\VSS")

sleep(20000)

;following will install Infragistics 2003 - vol1

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Run("T:\Software\Infragistics\XLGS Installed\NetAdvantage 2003 vol 1\netadvantage31.exe")

WinWaitActive("WinZip Self-Extractor - netadvantage31.exe", "To unzip")

Send("!u")

WinWaitActive("WinZip Self-Extractor","2 file(s) unzipped successfully")

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(400)

Run("C:\Software\Infragistics\NetAdvantageSuite31.exe")

WinWaitActive("Infragistics NetAdvantage 2003 Vol. 1 Setup")

Sleep(10000)

WinWaitActive("Infragistics NetAdvantage 2003 Vol. 1 Setup","It is strongly recommended that you exit all Windows programs before running this setup program.")

Send("!n")

WinWaitActive("Infragistics NetAdvantage 2003 Vol. 1 Setup","License Agreement")

Edited by neous

Neous

I just had a thought, of course once it runs your installer, further processing will pause!!! doh!!!

So runwait wont work either..

So ignore my previous comment. I am sure Someone will help you, now you have posted some code.

That aside, yes runwait as you have declared in your code is fine. It is the principle which wont work. My Bad.

When I get the chance i will offer some code, to help.

Probably just need a loop, that checks if each of your installer apps SetUp Completed window is present, and loop till it has closed, then spawn the next install set. etc

HardCopy

Edited by HardCopy

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad