Array dynamic dimention

Hi All,

I would like to add to an array some strings. The issue is that I cannot define the dimention if the array (DIM $ARRAY [?]) since I don't know how many strings I will have to store there.

Any suggestions?

10x

Check out the StringSplit fucntion in the helpfile as one option.

And also have a look at the Scripts and Scraps folder for a topic called "ReDim UDF". (You may need to use the search facility if it doesn't appear on the first page when you open the forum)

HTH :D

If your array contains (or could contain) large amounts of data, manipulating a string would be a better choice. Any method of re-sizing an array (with the current avaiable options in AutoIt at least) will require a 2nd array to be created with a new size, and then moving each element into the new array that you wish to keep. This could take quite a while if you have a huge array with large amounts of data.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.