File name problems

Hello all

Anybody know how to keep details of a file name so it can be used through a script (maybe as a $)

I'm to thick to sort it out :wacko: . I need to work on a file with 2 programs then record details of file in a word doc at the end.

Thanks for any help :D

Thanks I may be able to use some of that. I'm suprised that Autoit has no function to get a filename. I want to load a file into one program, modify it then load it into another program then save the output (word doc) with the filename

• Developers

Thanks I may be able to use some of that. I'm suprised that Autoit has no function to get a filename. I want to load a file into one program, modify it then load it into another program then save the output (word doc) with the filename

There's not much you can't do in AutoIt3, but i for one have no idea what it is you want to accomplish...

Maybe explain in steps what you want to get done ....

:D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi,

how would you address a file, if you haven't got the path with name? First file in folder or what?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

If you want to load a file into one program you have the filename.

Or if you search for the file you have to use FileFindFirstFile ( "filename" )

and FileFindNextFile ( search ).

What do you mean by "no function to get a filename"? Where do you want to get the filename from? Usually you will know the name of the file you are working with !??! :D

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I'll try to explain what I,m trying to do..

1Open directory containing .wav files

2.load a file into sound recorder and clip 10 secconst off the front of the file

3. Load the file into a speech recognition program which outputs a word file of the contents. Here is where I want the original file name to identify the contents i.e. Fred .wav....todays date......what fred said

So far I have made Autoit exe modules to open both programs but can't tie it together then make the whole thing do the same to the next file and so on.

Thanks for any help

Can you post what you have so far? I would hate to write something that you have already done or improperly make it so that it won't integrate with your script.

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Ok I,ll heres what I've got so far some of it has semi colon on front while I tried other Ideas. As you can see I've no Idea what I'm doing....Many thanks for the help :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Main

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Run("C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\NaturallySpeaking8\Program\natspeak.exe")

WinWaitActive("Dragon NaturallySpeaking 8.0 Activation")

Send("{SPACE 2}")

sleep("50000") ;DELAY FOR SPEECH BAR INITIALISATION (ADJUST TO SUIT COMPUTER)

run("C:\Dial 36 macro\FOD Test 2.exe")

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FOD Test 2

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

Global $m

Global $n

For $n = 1 To 5 Step 1

Run("C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe")

WinWait("Sound - Sound Recorder", "Position:")

If Not WinActive("Sound - Sound Recorder", "Position:") Then WinActivate("Sound - Sound Recorder", "Position:")

WinWaitActive("Sound - Sound Recorder", "Position:")

ControlSend('Sound - Sound Recorder' , '' , 203 , "!f{s}")

WinWait("Save As", "")

If Not WinActive("Save As", "") Then WinActivate("Save As", "")

WinWaitActive("Save As", "")

Sleep( 500 )

ControlSetText( 'Save As' , '' , 1148 , ControlGetText( 'Save As' , '' , 1148 )&'_'&$n )

$Title = ControlGetText( 'Save As' , '' , 1148 ) & '.wav - Sound Recorder'

ControlClick( 'Save As' , '' , 'Button2' )

WinWait( $Title , '' , 5 )

WinKill( $Title )

;For $m = 1 To 5 Step 1

;run("C:\Dial 36 macro\Load S R TEST.exe")

Sleep( 500 )

MsgBox( 0 , "Done" , 'File Number:'& $n , 3)

Next

;next

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Load S R TEST

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Global $filename

Global $n

For $n = 1 To 5 Step 1

$filename=("*.wav")

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

WinWait("DragonBar","Show or hide extras")

If Not WinActive("DragonBar","Show or hide extras") Then WinActivate("DragonBar","Show or hide extras")

WinWaitActive("DragonBar","Show or hide extras")

ControlClick("DragonBar", "Show or hide extras", "&Sound")

Send("{down 3}")

Send("{enter}")

WinWait("Transcribe from...","Audio File From &Poc")

If Not WinActive("Transcribe from...","Audio File From &Poc") Then WinActivate("Transcribe from...","Audio File From &Poc")

WinWaitActive("Transcribe from...","Audio File From &Poc")

ControlFocus("Transcribe from...", "Edit1",11217)

ControlSetText( 'Transcribe from...' , '' , 11217 , ControlGetText( 'Transcribe from...' , '' , 11217 )&'_'&$filename )

$Title = ControlGetText( 'Transcribe from...' , '' , 11217 ) & '.wav - Sound Recorder'

ControlClick("Transcribe from...","","Button7");OK TO HERE*********

;ControlClick("DragonPad - Document", "", "!f{s}"))

next

Edited by wol

Ok I,ll heres what I've got so far some of it has semi colon on front while I tried other Ideas. As you can see I've no Idea what I'm doing....Many thanks for the help :D

First, may I recommend the use of code, codebox, and autoit tags? :D

You set WinTitleMatchMode = 4, but then use the basic default "Title", "Text" method in your script. You could probably get rid of that statement and leave the default mode 1.

There is a line that baffles me:

$filename=("*.wav")$filename

What is it that should be doing? :wacko:

If you mean to find the first .wav file, and then each one after it, check out the FileFindFirstFile() and FileFindNextFile() functions.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Thanks for the help I was not joking when I said I don't know what I'm doing Ive only started using Autoit for about a week.Im trying to do what i've layed out on my post #8